We haven't had an Agalloch thread in a while...

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Shipments were made today:

Russell - 1 x Shirt XL

NAD - 1 x Shirt XL, 1 x Especially Like Sloth CD

npearce - 1 x Grey EP, 1 x Nothing CD, 1 x ELS CD, 1 x V:28 CD, 1 x Into Eternity CD-R

BWD - 1 x Shirt L, 1 x V:28 CD

Erik - 1 x Shirt L, 1 x Grey EP, 1 x Nothing CD, 1 x ELS CD, 1 x Surprise

Markgugs - 1 x Grey EP (shipped to my dining table awaiting next visit to the house of gugs)

Right, who's buying the next round? Make mine a Guinness.

I hate you fuckers.

Yesterday I was all about to make some sort of smart ass remark in one of the twelve Agalloch threads about how I just don't understand your love for them. But like 99% of the time, I held back my negative comments.

So today I'm going through the mp3 folder looking for something to listen to, and I give a second glance to The Mantle. I've listened to it about three or four times before, and I didn't hate it, but it honestly did nothing for me. Of course I'm liking it now. I don't love it, but I guess I do like it.

I gotta take a shower. I feel dirty.

bloodfiredeath said:
like 99% of the time, I held back my negative comments.
99% of the time? You could be on your way to a stomach ulcer. You must let the hate flow...especially if you can substantiate it. :D

....second glance to The Mantle. I've listened to it about three or four times before, and I didn't hate it, but it honestly did nothing for me. Of course I'm liking it now.
The Mantle took it's sweet time on me as well. Stone Wind Pillor was immediate. Pale Folklore gets better each and everytime, I swear. And The Mantle's songwriting is up there in the high heavens for me, but it's just a tad too clean sounding for me to prefer it over Pale Folklore.

I don't listen to Agalloch too much, but I do enjoy them when I do play their stuff.

One thing I'd like to do is use the intro of their version of Kneel to the Cross at my reception. You know the part where they repeat "Summer is a' comin' in. Arise. Arise."

I want the DJ to play this when we're about to enter the reception room (and hopefully everyone will stand up), and play it until the chimes start up before the actual song starts and then bust out with some celebratory song, and me and her come in there all jumping and dancing.

It would work perfectly because my fiance's name is Summer.

shit, maybe he is saying "isn't", don't know. oh well, you just blew apart my idea. THANKS YOU BASTARD!

I agree with the let the hate flow comment. :)

The Mantle took me FOREVER to get into, but I'm glad I kept at it because I love that album now. Pale Folklore I like, but I haven't listened to all that much but do enjoy it. Haven't heard Stone, Wind, and Pillor.

That's a really cool idea Dreamlord, no matter how BWD tries to destroy it. :p

JayKeeley said:
Shipments were made today:

Russell - 1 x Shirt XL

NAD - 1 x Shirt XL, 1 x Especially Like Sloth CD

npearce - 1 x Grey EP, 1 x Nothing CD, 1 x ELS CD, 1 x V:28 CD, 1 x Into Eternity CD-R

BWD - 1 x Shirt L, 1 x V:28 CD

Guys, if you can keep me posted via this thread to confirm receipt of shipments that would be great. I actually paid a lot extra on shipping to make sure that the deliveries were recorded etc and that nothing could get lost in the mail (especially since the shirts are a collectors item).

BWD already has his. :cool:

JayKeeley said:
I received the package today, thanks a lot... But what is this surprise you speak of? Unless it's a pink Post-It(tm) :loco:, I don't seem to have received anything else. BTW, it's a good thing I took the L shirt because even L is positively huge for me. It should be alright but damn! American sizes are really a lot larger than the European ones... But again, thanks!