We haven't had an Agalloch thread in a while...

Erik said:
BTW, it's a good thing I took the L shirt because even L is positively huge for me. It should be alright but damn! American sizes are really a lot larger than the European ones... But again, thanks!
Here's another thing about American clothing - wash it and see it shrink two sizes.

Erik said:
Oh! Oh! Oh! I don't use .80mm picks, so why was there one on the floor?
et voila, courtesy of Haughm. :D

Oh, thx thx thx :D I use the same brand of picks as Haughm *urinates with glee*

Yeah, I'll try washing the shirt at 60 degrees or something.

I gots my shirt, but my public display of ever increasing insanity due to that Especially Likely Sloth CD already told you that. :)

My Grey EP showed up yesterday but I haven't listened to it yet.

Dreamlord said:
anyone else extremely disappointed by the pointless Grey EP?
For me, I saw that version of The Lodge live, where it worked wonders. Perhaps it holds some nostalgia for me now, but I like the EP. However, I would agree that it is for 'completists' only, it's not the equivalent of something like a Cathedral EP where they put out viable material that wouldn't normally fit their albums.

It just seems like pointless meandering to me. So what, are Agalloch gonna release a 2 or 3 song EP for every tour now? It just doesn't sound (or look) like a lot of effort was put into this.

Dreamlord said:
It just seems like pointless meandering to me. So what, are Agalloch gonna release a 2 or 3 song EP for every tour now? It just doesn't sound (or look) like a lot of effort was put into this.
I wouldn't be surprised if Agalloch never toured again. They never even wanted to do these current tours in the first place.

I think this EP is supposed to be part of a trilogy, either this is the final part (with The Mantle being part 1); or Tomorrow Never Comes was part 1, The Grey was part 2, and The Wolves of Timberline will be part 3.

I'm sure it's meant as a collectors item, and therefore only 1000 pressed.

JayKeeley said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Agalloch never toured again.
NooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowhydidImissthemlastyear!?!? :yell:

Erik said:
After one washing at 60 centigrades the shirt fits a lot better. Nice. BTW, Jay, your CD's are done. Sending 'em tomorrow.
Ah, good ol' reliable American cotton. Mine shrink even when washed in cold water.

Look forward to the CD's. Do you think I should review any?

From another thread:
Haughm said:
...I for one want to stop live activity for awhile and really concentrate on writing our next album. I have been quite vocal about this to The End.

J

That's what I would call good news AND bad news.

Agalloch guys are pretty grown up - according to JWW, two of them are married, and one of them is a university professor. He didn't specifiy which one was which, however.