We know to a degree what Evolution 169 is about, but what does it mean to YOU?

Captain Beard

No longer active
Sep 6, 2001
Exactly what the subject says, what does that song mean to you on a personal level? (This'll make them think.)

I read the lyrics over and over and can't seem to decipher them. People said that it had somethign to do with chaos mathematics, so i went and researched that. The only way I can connect chaos theory to what I can barely decipher is the part where Warrel says "In organized chaos, we fly away" because chaos theory states that disorder causes order. I have no idea what the title of the song means, but perhaps he is using the chaos theory as a metaphor to life, that nothing is infinitely accurate and that where there is disorder, there is order, due to the complexity we have created through history with our society.

hah...i used the phrase "in organized chaos" for my physic-workbook. :tickled: . i think it really fits. As far as i know chaos mathematics are deeply connect with physics. this song does not mean that much to me. i don'T think it'S bad but it doesnt give me as much as other DHIADW songs. i think the "mouth of madness" could be the insanity that overwhelms man when he tries to understand disunderstandable things. some things seem "cruel, cold and illogical" to us but they are organized...

what really confused me was that "don't set your mind to one side"-thing. i mean this is true and in some ways it is a political statement but it has nothing to do with chaos theory.

Hmmm... I have a special kinda relationship to this song as only because of it I spent days in the library, asked profs from universities that teach chaos theory, read books about chaos itself, tried to get some point from the Bible but I could not successed. So I finally asked Warrel about it, and told him what I found out... (I knew I didn't have the entire point cleared up but I had some results.) And he told me I'm half way of getting to the final solution of this mystery and he also gave me some help, unfortunately I have no time to check on those stuffs he suggested.... :cry:

On the other hand I do like this song, it reminds me of Garden of Gray in some aspects what I loved from the very first album.... Great song in my opinion... No matter what the f*ck this Evolution 169 really means.... :lol:

For me is a special song because my identification's card number is 169 and when i saw it i couldn't believe it.
Anyway this one teach me not to set my mind to one side.

As far as I know about maths and algebra, I know that the chaos theory has something to do with prime numbers - or at least it's what algebra is very much all about. And thirteen is a prime number (and the number of bad luck).

Anyway, this is my favourite song on the album with Narcosynthesis...

Originally posted by goashem
As far as I know about maths and algebra, I know that the chaos theory has something to do with prime numbers - or at least it's what algebra is very much all about. And thirteen is a prime number (and the number of bad luck).

Anyway, this is my favourite song on the album with Narcosynthesis...
Phu, Narcosynthesis is amazing!!! :D