we met opeth

hey this thread might seem kind of useless for you people. but opeth was in vancouver the other night, me and my band went to go visit them, it was the best five minutes of my life. Martin Mendez let me use his lighter lol, ill have pictures posted as soon as i get them developed. Rock On:headbang:

That's cool. I've always wanted to meet them somewhere random, like I'm ordering a burrito at some taco stand miles away from the venue, and I look over and see them eating. I freak out and go talk to them. Everybody else in the place is just eating their rolled tacos and never realizing they are in the presence of one of the best bands on the planet.

Risquit said:
That's cool. I've always wanted to meet them somewhere random, like I'm ordering a burrito at some taco stand miles away from the venue, and I look over and see them eating. I freak out and go talk to them. Everybody else in the place is just eating their rolled tacos and never realizing they are in the presence of one of the best bands on the planet.

wait wait wait....you mean ABBA is gonna be there TOO???!?!?!:eek:

JoeVice said:
i met mike in a record store, looking at vinyls....two hours earlier, i had met steve wilson in a computer shop, checking his email.

haha that must have been surreal

FUBAR said:
haha that must have been surreal

yah, i acted like a little fanboy...i was so excited. when wilson walked into the computer shop, i froze up...but i had to introduce myself, so i did...i was like..."uhhhh, are you steve wilson?" (knowing that it was him already)

wilson..."yes"

me...."holy shit ---long pause----you guys rock"

wilson "thanks"

i think that he thought i was a dumbass, but he was a nice guy, and i'm sure he understood.

Reveries said:
i dont think steven did the growing, he did alot of back up vox and a lot of keys though. Him growling is hard to imagine, that little prick haha
Steven Wilson >>>> you.

Reveries said:
Yes steven is brilliant, but Opeth is far too good for him. Look at the albums that are better than Deliverance, they weren't all with him, except for Blackwater park(which was wicked).
It's not like SW made Deliverance not be as good as the others...he didn't write the songs. He DID write Death Whispered a Lullaby which is one of the best songs on Damnation.

And as great as Opeth is, Porcupine Tree is still better.

JoeVice said:
yah, i acted like a little fanboy...i was so excited. when wilson walked into the computer shop, i froze up...but i had to introduce myself, so i did...i was like..."uhhhh, are you steve wilson?" (knowing that it was him already)

wilson..."yes"

me...."holy shit ---long pause----you guys rock"

wilson "thanks"

i think that he thought i was a dumbass, but he was a nice guy, and i'm sure he understood.

Nice story. I wouldn't worry about it. You know if he had met David Gilmour at a store when he was younger, he would have acted the same way.