The Opeth-ian trinity

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Hmmmmmm, but there are none higher than God, and Lopez, Mendez and Axenrot are obviously Mikael's bitches...im just not ready to admit the existence of super-God yet.

Defarfalla wasn't Mike's bitch, he wasn't a Martin either that's why he was sacked...that kinda makes sence:hotjump:

no it doesn't:erk:

Ya this person used to post over on The End Records forum if I remember right haha I can't believe this many ppl took this seriously, even after looking at the post count.

Don't the guys in MotW not like Opeth? If so, they can lick my chode. Do it.

kleo706 said:
The other day, I was reading over The Bible as I am wont to do during coffee breaks and lunch. It seems to me that nothing aids the digestive process quite so well as the collected works of intelligent scholars poorly translated until all the original meaning is lost. My own bitterness towards modern religion is neither here nor there though. It came to me during a passage on the trinity that perhaps Opeth was using highly advanced symbolism with their rhythm section.
To those of us Americans who have gotten into the band through the Roadrunner-era material, Martin Lopez is sort of like the holy ghost. He's a figure we've heard good news from but haven't seen and he's taken on different forms (Gene Hoglan for instance). Then there's Martin Axenrot who's this young turk spreading the news of Opeth to the current masses. And lastly you have Martin Mendez who is a constantly present figure who provides a major part of what makes Opeth work but doesn't always get that much credit. Therefore it's sort of like Lopez is the holy ghost, Axenrot's the son, and Mendez is the father. I think this ties into the overt religious themes of Ghost Reveries quite beautifully.

Anyone else agree?

Also, hello new friends! This is my first post here! I think that Ghost Reveries had to be the best debut of 2005!!!!!

No, I think you're gay. :Smokedev:

And how could you POSSIBLY think that Opeth's first album is Ghost Reveries???

did noone understand what I was saying before someone here sent me a trojan horse? The thread starter has been talking about Opeth on the Novembers Doom board. Get a clue. This is a joke thread.

Making as much effective, memorable pop-music as Aqua did takes a different- but quite valid- set of song-writing skills than Opeth employs. I mean the sheer number of great hooks in "Candyman" isn't the sort of thing that should be dismissed without good reason.

Honestly, my post count proves nothing beyond my knowing some people involved with the scene.

You should add a poll to this thread for how many people know the lyrics to the Barbie Girl song.

ps. Is that sloths in general, or just me that you love? I don't need any more stalkers...my last one turned out to live only 150metres away from me.

I think having 2744 posts on an underground metal forum when you are not into metal yourself is an admirable achievement.

Swans are awesome too.

A lot of Aqua songs are really comlpex in terms of layers too, and Soren and Clause are really quite nifty on the keyboards and programming side of things... think one of them occasionally played the drums live too.

Especially Likely Sloth is the main band of Jason from Agalloch. The only other sloth I have a personal relationship is this nice one from the Philadelphia zoo. He turned around to beg me for pets and food since the poor guy's so blind he can't really tell the diff between his keeper and other people.

Yeah well the thing is I have similar interests to a lot of Metal people. So we talk and free forum reg. is a hell of a lot cheaper than calling even the western part of this state never mind Portland, Vancouver, Chicago etc. etc.

Hey Vampy do you know offhand what mixes of Itsy Bitsy were on the initial Joyspeed single?

kleo706 said:
The other day, I was reading over The Bible as I am wont to do during coffee breaks and lunch. It seems to me that nothing aids the digestive process quite so well as the collected works of intelligent scholars poorly translated until all the original meaning is lost. My own bitterness towards modern religion is neither here nor there though. It came to me during a passage on the trinity that perhaps Opeth was using highly advanced symbolism with their rhythm section.
To those of us Americans who have gotten into the band through the Roadrunner-era material, Martin Lopez is sort of like the holy ghost. He's a figure we've heard good news from but haven't seen and he's taken on different forms (Gene Hoglan for instance). Then there's Martin Axenrot who's this young turk spreading the news of Opeth to the current masses. And lastly you have Martin Mendez who is a constantly present figure who provides a major part of what makes Opeth work but doesn't always get that much credit. Therefore it's sort of like Lopez is the holy ghost, Axenrot's the son, and Mendez is the father. I think this ties into the overt religious themes of Ghost Reveries quite beautifully.

Anyone else agree?

Also, hello new friends! This is my first post here! I think that Ghost Reveries had to be the best debut of 2005!!!!!

What the fuck is wrong with you? :Spin:

36263591_3f98b7573d.jpg

kleo706 said:

Anyone else agree?

please go listen to more opeth before more bad things happen!

Uh nope. But my brother plays it Hella lot!
I've only heard one version of it though to my knowledge.

But wikipedia tells me:

Itzy Bitsy Spider (Original Reggae Version) [03:26]
Itzy Bitsy Spider (Hard Radio Spider) [03:47]
Itzy Bitsy Spider (Extended Joy Mix) [04:31]
Itzy Bitsy Spider (K. Boff World Mix) [04:43]
Itzy Bitsy Spider (Bonus Spider) [00:38]

Dunno which one I have heard!

I've heard three or four . . . each pretty much progressively worse. There's this 7" Dream Remix out there that's just ridiculous.

It would not surprise me if Kleo706 was some sort of prank on someone who doesn't understand how to log out on a public terminal. I mean if my roommate always left himself signed in on forums, I'd probably get drunk and post really stupid stuff sometimes.