I met Opeth in Groningen

AbsentFriend

Hail to the King
Mar 3, 2003
Tha Nethalandz!
Hey there,

I went to the Groningen show on Saturday, they ruled the world!

I met them earlier in town! All except for Mikael (bummer..)!!! Peter was SO FUCKIN COOL!!! The Martins were a bit shy actualy. Later at the concert Peter gave his pick to my girlfriend. He recognized us! Tomorrow I’m going to see them in Utrecht! Can’t wait!

Yess thats me!!!

I saw the martins and peter walking through town when the shops were still open. We were just shopping there and all of a sudden we saw them! I went nuts. My girlfriend told me I had a very big red head when I talked to them!!

You lucky bastard!! Mikael wasn't there when you saw them in town? And did you see them after the show too?
Are you living in Groningen? I know just one or two people here in the city who likes Opeth....so it's pretty rare

Yeah I was lucky!

Mikael wasn't there....damn..

The singer of Madder Mortem told me he was having a cold..

I didn't see them after the show, I went to my hotel.

I live in Wageningen. So yes I will be going to Utrecht! Now with a friend of mine who's also nut about Opeth!

Demiana said:
You lucky bastard!! Mikael wasn't there when you saw them in town? And did you see them after the show too?
Are you living in Groningen? I know just one or two people here in the city who likes Opeth....so it's pretty rare

Are you the girl that looks like Tori Amos?

thats cool man, peter also gave his pick to my girlfriend, he saw her pushed up against the stage and being crushed and what not so he handed her a pick, closed her and around it and shit, it was really cool, we saw them after the show and made sure to thank him, and he was very humble and recognized us right away

So... "Absentfriend", You also going to see them in Utrecht tonight eh? :) I never been to Tivoli before, but we will certainly be on the front row tonight! :headbang:

I also met the band after the show. I just wanted to thank them for entertaining me for 6 shows that week (across Germany + Groningen). They were very friendly and a bit surprised that I went to so many shows....
By the way: the Madder Mortem guys are also very nice people!

ive met mikael before, in may, and got 3 cds signed by him. unfortunatley i didnt see the rest of the band.. mike was just hanging around outside the club with not many people around him.

i got peter's pick from that show as well cause we were on the front row, but im hoping to meet them all this time and get the rest of my albums signed...

Mikael does talk to fans, but I think he (and the others) tend to get overwhelmed sometimes. They're all quite humble, and I like how Peter is doing a lot of interviews now.

They were all very friendly and considerate, not condescending or aloof like they could be. They seemed to genuinely appreciate the idolatry pulsating through the venue..