We Must Bury You

madr0x

May 5, 2005
We Must Bury You, who likes it???

I read alot of reviews saying that We Must Bury You is a waste of space.
I personally love it, one of my favs on that album.

It gives me this scary image of some guy that when he was a kid him and hes friends bullied some dude and accidently killed him and is now haunted by the past... very cool idea for a song IMO

But i could be wrong...

We Must Bury You is a waste of space???
Who are the ones I have to kill???!!! :err:

I really like it, too ... but I can't say that this one's my fav of that album ...

I think I read somewhere that the song has been written after reading a newspaper-article of a murder where someone has beenn buried... but I'm not sure o_O

But I like the lyrics pretty much and imo it's a good theme for a song, too =)

madr0x said:
It gives me this scary image of some guy that when he was a kid him and hes friends bullied some dude and accidently killed him and is now haunted by the past... very cool idea for a song IMO

But i could be wrong...
I've always thought it was one of the highlights of LFDGD. It's very dark and creepy and actually makes me think of that scene from Flatliners where the kids are throwing rocks at a bully before he falls to his death (or whatever...)

Hmm.. It's one of my least favourite Kata songs but it's not a waste of space. I believe it to be the weakest song on LFDGD because I find it a bit monotone. But it doesn't flat out suck, there's no such Katatonia material.

i like it quite much, its so full of contrast. after 'Tonight's Decision', 'Future Of Speech' 'Sweet Nurse' and 'Teargas' its my 5th favourite song on LFDGD

madr0x said:
We Must Bury You, who likes it???

I read alot of reviews saying that We Must Bury You is a waste of space.
I personally love it, one of my favs on that album.

But i could be wrong...

The song is great! It's so unusual:headbang:

stefan86 said:
But it doesn't flat out suck, there's no such Katatonia material.

I'll drink to that. Whenever I criticize Katatonia, which is quite rare mind you, I still point out that I love it, just not as much as some other works of theirs. They are one of the only bands where they have never released a song I didn't outright just dislike. Their songwriting craft is inimitable and unmatched.
Oh, and I do indeed enjoy, We Must Bury You. It has got to be the only song where Jonas does his best to impersonate a lyric tenor. My god, he must hit at least a B-flat on that song.

I didn't really care for it when I first heard it, but it has definitely grown on me I have to say. Probably one of my favorites on the album now.

I have to admitt I didn't like it at first. but man, the song rules, it's a very special track, with the sampled drums and creepy lyrical content. cool stuff.