We need qualified leaders

cryosteel

Jun 29, 2006
Like elements in the environment, all people within a society have an appropriate place. Depleted uranium does not fit appropriately when spread haphazardly across the countryside because it then acts as a destructive pollutant when local organisms interact with the substance (absorption, inhalation or ingestion). Likewise, a farmer or servant is not also the most fit artisan, warrior or king, although sentimental populism, in a state of revolt against caste, will argue otherwise.

A philosopher will look at the ideas in a society and arrange them in a virtual pyramid, with the broadest at the base being daily methods and their effects, and the highest being the founding principles of that society. The pattern resembles a pyramid because while there are many things at its base, there are just a handful if not a single one at the top. In this process philosophy goes beyond other sciences. Sociology, psychology, science, and most of all, politics, stop somewhere in the middle. They are effective so long as they do not need to rise above their position. When they attempt to become more than what they are, we witness the hilarity of people attempting to regulate cause through effect.

http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/prozak/pyramid/

Some elements, like unstable isotopes, can arise given the correct conditions. These elements are always destructive in our society-environment and like radioactive particles, constantly afflict a breakdown of the integrity of surrounding structure.

What is the problem with Indo-European society? Oh, don't bore me with your socially-acceptable excuses. The problem is too many lower quality people and, out of deference to them, we've given up on evolution.

http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/undermen/

We do have people who are skilled at management and bureaucracy, but of course they are in the private sector, where all the money is. It takes a fool to be in national politics these days with the constant spotlight and pressure and accountability. Better to be in business where you can screw your secretary, rake in huge bonuses, and spend your days on the golf course. This is what the smarter people do.

Of course, some camps will say that those in business do not have the vision or morality to lead, but they at least could administrate in a much more efficient manner.

The lack of competence in all levels of government is poisoning all levels of society, especially the education system, the real source of all the "undermen" in our country.

MasterOLightning said:
We do have people who are skilled at management and bureaucracy, but of course they are in the private sector, where all the money is. It takes a fool to be in national politics these days with the constant spotlight and pressure and accountability. Better to be in business where you can screw your secretary, rake in huge bonuses, and spend your days on the golf course. This is what the smarter people do.

Of course, some camps will say that those in business do not have the vision or morality to lead, but they at least could administrate in a much more efficient manner.

The lack of competence in all levels of government is poisoning all levels of society, especially the education system, the real source of all the "undermen" in our country.

Of course, those in the private business sector become politicians, or essentially run them.

I unfortunately have to work with elected officials in my new job. I can tell you, the first thing on their minds is staying in power and getting re-elected. They have little knowledge of most things (and its tainted by business-ideas)--such as infrastructure, economic development, etc. And most importantly, they refuse to take the necessary risks and unpopular moves needed for the future and even the present.

Another cause for concern in American society is that our country is still run by lawyers and businessmen, when the Asian upstarts have engineers as politicians. Since our education system and values are so poor, such lawyers and businessmen no longer have a background in philosophy, the classics, literature, and economics that the founders and leaders of this nation up throught the turn of the century possessed; it is thus doubtful they have any competance at all. It is also doubtful whether they have any conception of what a good democracy is, and how it should run; or even any basic understanding of freedom. Friedrich Hayek's book Road to Serfdom explains how such knowledge shaped the "free" Western world both politically and economically. And as technology becomes more important, and state power increases further and further, one can easily understand how engineers would be better leaders for the technological/fascist/capitalism of tomorrow.

What is the problem with Indo-European society? Oh, don't bore me with your socially-acceptable excuses. The problem is too many lower quality people and, out of deference to them, we've given up on evolution.

This last sentence shall be etched upon the gravestone of Western man! Given up on evolution and apparently embraced a conscious de-evolution. Naturally, our society doesn't openly admit it as such, but when even the more intellectually modest among us recognize and decry the so-called dumbing-down of education, employment standards and even political discourse, it is clear we are in a serious decline. And yes, this is invariably propelled by the compulsive need or desire to "uplift" those who have no natural means to attain anything but mediocrity and much, much less in many cases. Subsequently, those who do possess the innate potential for greatness are left to rot on the vine, to not only never reach their potential, but to rarely even know they could or should.
Is it still possible for great leaders to arise out this morass of carefully crafted and rigidly controlled mediocrity? Perhaps...

MasterOLightning said:
We do have people who are skilled at management and bureaucracy, but of course they are in the private sector, where all the money is.

What we really have are businessmen, who through our democracy, now fill the role once taken by philosopher-king or warrior-chief. A lower caste, by revolt, has come to fill a position it is unfit for. The solution to problems in civilization, in the view of such people, is entirely material. Throw advertised equality (impossible to actualize), jobs and shopping malls at people and unhappiness disappears. Silly.

OldScratch said:

This last sentence shall be etched upon the gravestone of Western man! Given up on evolution and apparently embraced a conscious de-evolution. Naturally, our society doesn't openly admit it as such, but when even the more intellectually modest among us recognize and decry the so-called dumbing-down of education, employment standards and even political discourse, it is clear we are in a serious decline. And yes, this is invariably propelled by the compulsive need or desire to "uplift" those who have no natural means to attain anything but mediocrity and much, much less in many cases. Subsequently, those who do possess the innate potential for greatness are left to rot on the vine, to not only never reach their potential, but to rarely even know they could or should.
Is it still possible for great leaders to arise out this morass of carefully crafted and rigidly controlled mediocrity? Perhaps...

Again, this anus/nationalist theory of lower quality people, race, and genetics I dont think holds much water. I dare say, there is more of a share of university-educated persons in the world today than ever before. And I also would presume, due to increased nutrition, health, and a cleaner environment, that the average intelligence of persons is most likely the highest its ever been in history.

The problem is obviously socio-cultural. It is not the genetic quality of the individuals, but the poor quality of societies valuations--especially in regards to knowledge, and the total lack of culture. Not to mention the fact that instead of replacing God, culture, and art with something of real value, we've replaced such with materialism, egalitarianism and security. In many ways this is a fascist aim--aiming at serving large coporations, increased security, the powerlessness of the true individual and progressive thought.

Speed,

I agree for the most part - in fact that is what I was trying to impart. From my perspective, it isn't the 'lower peoples' per se that are the problem, it is the clanking machinery of egalitarianized folly and backwardness that accompany, or surround the underclasses and the ultraliberalized madness we(in the West) employ to create the massive illusion of equality, etc. where none exists.
What I foresee as the death of the west, is not an immediately identifiable 'end' complete or proper, but more a regressive erosion, a slow and semi-conscious movement away from the quest for greatness(potential or realized) that once personified western development. We shall demand less and less of all, so as never to offend or "leave behind" one. The die is already cast for this. Sure there are plently of degreed people about - but to what end is this education applied? By all accounts acedemic achievement in the West, particularly in the areas of Math and Science is worsening on the hour. There may indeed be far more "educated" people walking the Earth...but that same lot lack the survival instincts, the pragmatism of past generations. Add to this the materialism and loss of individualism you noted and it looks somewhat bleak. I suppose we shall see how this pans out.
As for the problems being purely socio-cultural versus genetic...I cannot agree. But that's another issue entirely.