Modern Society Responsible for Kauhajoki Finland School Shooting

what's causing these "school" shootings is mental angish,
pure and simple frustration

nevermind that more people are having access to guns, the problem that needs to be adressed is not the gun control issue, at all, but the psychological aspect of what makes a person get a HAND gun and shoot PEOPLE intstead of getting a RIFLE/SHOTGUN and shooting ANIMALS
males hunt animals because the death of the animal and the fact that the hunter has killed something relieves the stress of whatever the hell is going on in his life
these students that do the school shootings don't live in rural areas, they end up shooting people because they've never shot an animal in their entire lives

People look at these murders that occurred before because the killers were tired of people. And some depressed and angry people see it and think "that makes sense" and the next thing you know they kill people. So I don't think its society raising angry people, its that angry people have access to ideas that could turn them into killers.

People look at these murders that occurred before because the killers were tired of people. And some depressed and angry people see it and think "that makes sense" and the next thing you know they kill people. So I don't think its society raising angry people, its that angry people have access to ideas that could turn them into killers.

so
you're basically saying that the ridiculously huge amount of news coverage on the columbine incident is responsible for the virginia tech shooting and this new finland one
that's bullshit
that's like saying violent video games cause violence
it's the other way around, the people that buy violent games are atreacted to the violent games because these people (many are female) are inheirantly violent people to begin with
humans are violent. period.
if violent video games suddenly disapeared from the face of the earth, all those people that are addicted to violent video games would start kicking the crap out of the people that they're pissed off at because they would no longer have an outlet for their agression
if all the guns suddenly disapeared off the face of the earth, you'd have random people exersising for the sole purpouse of being able to beat the crap out of people with their bare hands

Some people play violent videogames for stimulation not for an outlet.

And anyway what I said earlier was coming from experience as a misanthrope, I'm not one anymore. But my way of thinking was warped as hell and these things did make me have some thoughts of attacking the world because I hated it so much.

But you are totally skipping a step. You are saying its not societys problem/fault, its that angry people blah blah. But you are skipping WHY these people are angry. You just attribute it to some kind of selfish defense mechanism because they are 'socially unsuccessful'. All I'll say, is perhaps this was the case for you. I don't know ANY misanthropes that stopped being a misanthrope. It sounds to me that perhaps for you that was the case and you were socially inept as described by you yourself, and you have since developed social skill/conformity, and thusly you aren't so mad anymore. Perhaps you got a girlfriend/boyfriend? I don't know I can't speculate like that, I can just add your arguments together.

Being a misanthrope is more than being 'pissed off at the world' and 'hating the world'. And from my experience it has NOTHING to do with the fact that you are 'socially unsuccessful'. Misanthropes generally CHOOSE to separate themselves from social conformity, BECAUSE they are misanthropes. Not the other way around. That would be a psychosomatic response which is why it can be remedied. A misanthrope doesn't magically stop being a misanthrope because they get a girlfriend/boyfriend, money, a good job or friends. True misanthropy is the acknowledgement and refusal to give in and conform to the things that are horribly amiss in this world. Most people are content to just say 'thats reality', 'thats the way it is, you can't do anything about it', and many don't even get that far in the thought process. Anyone who actually thinks, and then inevitably challenges the norm and questions 'reality', 'the way it is', is then labelled. Its preposterous. The anger comes out of frustration with the rest of humanity, and theres no sense in trying to explain that, because thats part of the problem.

People are angry for different reasons. I can't list them all, but I just doubt there are any more angry people these days then there were before. I just think some new variables (not necessarily society as a whole) cause these things. But people have been killing throughout their history, what's new?

But I'm not 100% on this either.

Misanthropes separate themselves for a number of reasons. Some its more a lack of interest in socializing and not seeing a point in it, others are made fun of and tired of all the crap they take from people and separate themselves for that reason.

I didn't stop because I became social. I became social after I stopped. Most of the reason I stopped hating people was I read stuff on the internet written by a couple misanthropes and thought "these people are claiming they're better than everyone else and the social norm but they just sit on their ass getting bad grades and blaming the education system on their failure. What makes them better." I realized I was like that and didn't want to be.

edit: Fuck, I made a mistake in my first post in this thread.

I meant to say "who sometimes are" not "are people are."

I meant to say "who sometimes are" not "are people are."
Alright, that evens it out a bit more, you sounded (originally) like it was an invariable, an altruism of sorts.

I didn't stop because I became social. I became social after I stopped. Most of the reason I stopped hating people was I read stuff on the internet written by a couple misanthropes and thought "these people are claiming they're better than everyone else and the social norm but they just sit on their ass getting bad grades and blaming the education system on their failure. What makes them better." I realized I was like that and didn't want to be.

Well I would put forth the idea that perhapes 'misanthrope' shouldn't have been what those people were labelled, or labelled themselves as. Especially about blaming the education system on their bad grades, that makes no logical sense. Even in a horrible education system, they could still be 'good' at being 'horribly' educationed. Secondly, I'm not sure I would put much stock into such a person in the first place, for the reason above. (not to mention there are people of every path who 'pose', correct?) Btw do you happen to still have links or reference for those writings?

I am glad you were able to get past your own barriers, and excel through your seeming psychosis of hatred, and it seems you did so by examining the world you were immersing yourself within. I for myself have chosen a different path. Do I think I am better than other people? Well, I don't believe everyone is equal, but neither do I believe that all are inferior to me nor do I make a point of deciding who is inferior or superior to me, because it really doesnt make much of a difference, nor is it my place. I also do not only look to myself for answers. To do so would make me just like those people in the writings you spoke of.

Some people play violent videogames for stimulation not for an outlet.

And anyway what I said earlier was coming from experience as a misanthrope, I'm not one anymore. But my way of thinking was warped as hell and these things did make me have some thoughts of attacking the world because I hated it so much.

the person who hates the world isn't hating the world because of video games or media, that was my point

also
with the female gamers you sometimes have a sublimated sex drive where the female is "getting off" on the video games INSTEAD of having a sex drive (from my persoal experience with female gamers, doesn't neccassarily mean the majority of them)

Btw do you happen to still have links or reference for those writings?

No, sorry that was about two years ago. They were a couple of blogs, I'm sure you could find some if you searched something along the lines of "all people are stupid" on google.

This is absurd. Modern society is not responsible for this. This type of thing has been happening since days of yore. Although, modern technology has been able to give these outcasts an outlet to voice their perspective. It is a very skewed and selfish perspective if you ask me. It's easy to be consumed by negative energy, to fight it is the greatest test of all.

People are angry for different reasons. I can't list them all, but I just doubt there are any more angry people these days then there were before. I just think some new variables (not necessarily society as a whole) cause these things. But people have been killing throughout their history, what's new?

let's just pretend for a moment that Genisis chapter 34 actually happened
group of traveling people travel into a city they've never been into before, woman named Dinah gets raped, then her 2 brothers Simon and Levi kill all the males in the whole city, rape all the females and steal all the animals and steal everything that they'd be able to sell when they get to the next city
all of this happened supposedly as "punishment" for ONE FEMALE getting raped BY ONE GUY
that's bullshit
Simon and Levi were evil guys just looking for an excuse to "wreak havoc"

i don't buy the whole "modern society is responsible" argument. plently of "intelligent" people cope and even enjoy their life. how is modern society responsible for this and not for "homosexuality" (as if there is something wrong with it). your nature vs. nurture arguments are awfully convenient.

its fashionable in metal to have no morality and pretend like you wouldn't be sad if your mom died or something but shooting people in a school is just. plain. wrong.

shooting people in a school is just. plain. wrong.

yes
this incident, the virginia tech incident, the columbine thing, these things are just plain wrong...
this is why human males go out into the woods and kill animals and call it "hunting"
killing things is just part of human nature
this is the explination for violent video games
the games don't make people violent, violent people play the games

The incident in Kauhajoki was horrible.. The second school shooting in my beloved home country within a year.. This is a nightmare come alive!
Yes finns are a bit drawn back, silent but this?! No! I never thought(I'm sure no Finn did) that this could happen here... The gunman Matti Saari idolized other school shooters and considered himself a misanthrope. Even worse both the finnish gunmen bought their weapons from the same shop..
Mental healthcare should be improved, children with issues should get proper attention and treatment. Authorities should keep an eye on youtube and discussion forums.
That's the craziest part of it all. Matti Saari put a video on youtube, very similar to Pekka-Eric Auvinens, the police interrogated him but the man in charge of the interrogation didn't find the video threatful enough.. Ofcourse you cannot blame that poor officer.. It's just that these both cases were so alike.. It's like the gunmen had somekind of connection... Sad times.. the wound caused to the victims families will never heal

I apologize for my grammar I hope you get my point