Weather info

Havermout

Focused
Feb 11, 2002
The Netherlands
www.havermout.net
No i haven't started packing yet, but i would like to know what kind of weather i can expect in Atlanta mid November normally.

wet/dry?
cold/hot?

at that time of year i'll be wearing my winter jacket in Holland, do i need it in Atlanta?

any info is appreciated, thanks

Henk :cool:

Atlanta has extremely random weather patterns. The one thing I can say is that you can usually expect it not to rain that often. by november, it's usually cool enough to need at least a light coat, but sometimes the temperature jumps randomly back and forth between hot and cold for several days during the spring and fall.

Ryan

Hey Henk! I'm so glad you'll be able to make the trip this year! I have no idea about the weather this year, but if last year was any indication, you won't be needing that heavy winter coat. It was warm during the day (I was in short sleeves) and only got somewhat cool at night. Just perfect! And at the very least it was a nice change from the cold Wisconsin weather ;)

See you in a couple of months!!

Alicia

As is usual in Atlanta, I don't expect any "real" cold weather until around December (most of you Yanks and Europeans laugh at our definition of "real winter"). It has started to get a little cooler a little earlier around here, but I doubt it'll make much difference over last year. You best bet would be to wait until a week before you fly, then go to the Weather Channel site (www.weather.com). Enter the zip code 30313 (or just type in Atlanta, GA) where it asks for the city, and it'll give you the week's weather forecast.

Hope that helps!

--Mike

Well, the first PP was in Chicago in February...and not nearly as cold as some folks made it out to be (coughtericough). Probably just as well that it wasn't snowing like mad ;)

You still taking the early flight down on thursday? (2 months from now!)

Alicia

Heh, I was there....we did have a small ice storm. I remmeber a good friend of mine from AZ seeing the ice on the car, and in the parking lot and just handed me the keys. Great, drinking all night, and there's cops in the K-Mart lot and I gotta drive....

Yes, I'm on the early flight, I'm unemployed now, but everything is taken care of. Atlanta or bust. Job or no job, I'm not missing this for anything. 2 months? Time flies. I better call MWE and make sure they haven't changed flights again! :)

JW

Hey! I heard the DT show wasn't too bad ;)

The only reason I care about the weather is making the trek to and from the hotel - mostly the trek to the venue from the hotel (gotta look good before the beer goggles go on, you know!)

As long as all the bands show up, we could be in the middle of a hurricane for all I care, really. Hell, I got caught in a typhoon on my vacation to Korea. It's just rain :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Alicia

NW: Packers/Saints game

I was thinking of this myself. Well regardless of how truly "cold" it will be Ill still be there in my finest leather. Hey someones gotta represent the Manowar spirit dont they?

Ben

Daybreaker, I have my new leather pants all ready to go! Death to false metal! ;)

Like Mike said, it's cooled off here a bit recently, so it may not be in the upper 70's by the time PP rolls around (like IIRC it was last year), but I feel pretty sure it will not be really "cold." Bring a jacket, not a coat, and no long underwear allowed! :)

Shaye

Ok. Not to sound disturbing here but how much does a good pair of leather pants cost? I mean like BIKER leather pants not super tight ass fashion shop at the GAP type leather. hahah I already have a biker jacket, black leather Harley Davidson boots, and the black leather fingerless glove, and after all that I drive a truck. Yea I know Im shameless.

Ben

Originally posted by Aeturnia
Well, the first PP was in Chicago in February...and not nearly as cold as some folks made it out to be (coughtericough). Probably just as well that it wasn't snowing like mad ;)

You still taking the early flight down on thursday? (2 months from now!)

Alicia

That was the coldest cold I ever been in!!!!

Bear<--California to the bone!!! :p

Originally posted by Demonspell
Hello Henk and Alicia! Who cares about weather when it's an indoor show? I got rained on during last night's Dream Theater concert... :)

Yo Demon,

the reason why i asked is that i will stay in Atlanta some more days before and after the festival. The weather during both days doesn't matter at all ;) In Chicago at PP1 the weather was very bad (pooring rain on at least one day) during both festival days. After that it was very cold but nice sunny as well.

thanks for the info to those who replied tho.

Henk

Originally posted by Daybreaker
Ok. Not to sound disturbing here but how much does a good pair of leather pants cost? I mean like BIKER leather pants not super tight ass fashion shop at the GAP type leather. hahah I already have a biker jacket, black leather Harley Davidson boots, and the black leather fingerless glove, and after all that I drive a truck. Yea I know Im shameless.

Ben

:lol: Indeed...shameless :lol:

(Try Fredericks of Hollywood). :D

Bear!! You're such a west coast weenie ;)
I'd have loved to see you up here a couple of years ago when we got 50+ inches of snow just in December...and the windshield in my old car used to frost on the inside it was so cold. Of course, that car had a lot of issues...

We'll have to plan our trip out for sushi soon, don't forget!

Alicia