Webhosting !!

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Hey,

I know this has been asked before, but I figure webhosting moves quickly, so I wanted updated opinions.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a webhost? I'm looking at iPage currently ... but wanted to field for your thoughts. It's for my band - gonna try putting together a website over the next month or so.

It'll most likely be a blog type of thing, with links to music and stuff - like a Wordpress thing wrapped in a flashy band website. lulz.

Anyway... over to you!! Oh.. I'm UK based - dunno if that matters.

Well as stated I do hosting for $5 a month 99.9% uptime guarantee. Thats not one of these well ... its $5 if you pay a year up front. Its $5 no matter how you slice it. We specialize in hosting for Wordpress sites, are very experienced in how to use it, set it up, and customize it to what you need. You can host up to 5 domains, and have unlimited databases. Oh this includes your own CPanel as well. So you can get into the back end and see your stats, configure databases, users, email, all that Jazz. Been in business 10 years and host over 60 sites currently.

::Features::
No Content Restrictions!
Domains Allowed – up to 5
cPanel Control Panel – Yes
Setup Fee – Free

::Email Services::
Email Accounts – Unlimited
Autoresponders – Unlimited
Forwarders / Aliases – Unlimited
POP3 Access – Yes
IMAP Access – Yes
Spam & Virus Protection – Yes

::Advanced Features::
MySQL 5
PHP 5
PERL 5
CGI-bin
PHPMyAdmin
Fantastico Script Installer
RvSiteBuilder
MS Frontpage Support
Dreamweaver Support
Shared SSL
FTP Accounts
Cron Jobs
Custom Error Pages
Directory Protection
Flash / Shockwave Support
Daily Backups
AwStats

::IP Addresses::
Dedicated IP – No

If you want to go with a company thats "been around" I highly reccomend hostgator.

Godaddy. $5.99 a month 150GB Storage & Unlimited Bandwidth. Nice Control Panel and zero downtime since I switched.

Hey I have a reseller account and provide hosting for around 40 companies in Sheffield, Manchester and Derby. My reseller hosting package is with a company called EUKHost and the data centres are located in London Docklands from Blue Square Data Centre. I have 24 x 7 support even on Christmas day which is the best I have ever had from any company and I have tried a lot.

The hosting is on Linux servers and would provide you with your own cPanel interface with lots and lots of gadgets, stats packages.

You can create unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited email accounts, unlimited MySQL Databases, unlimited subdomains, unlimited add on domains.

I am on this forum learning about recording guitars and drums and just stumbled upon this thread and was actually not going to say anything until I see you are in England and hey usually I sell face to face with companies as I build websites and the hosting is just a second line of what we do (mostly I build bespoke software for small to medium sized local businesses). I am not a Graphic Artist, but but trading partner is.

Anyway our hosting is very fast and offers a huge cPanel, since I always like having the best.

Anway as to disc space or bandwidth amounts since I have a reseller account I can give you whatever you need (the price will be dependant on how much you need) and to be honest am willing to offer you it for cheap as i love this forum and anything I can help will be of no problem, we make enough money building software, the hosting is actually something we just need to provide our customers with the software.

Hope this helps, you will not find a better deal for feautures, speed, reliability and price :)

Happy to help

Mr R. Cookson

ps. as this may seem a little funny I would be happy to set it up for free for a month so you can see if you would like it, we can arrange a price for the amount of bandwidth and disc space and then go from there (but it will be cheap :))