Wed 28th Jan - Netherlands, Tilburg - 013

I just checked the 013 website and it says:

Tijdschema ovb:
DragonForce 21.30 - 23.00
Turisas 20.00 - 21.00

So an hour of Turisas? That would make me very happy :D (at least compared to the half hour I was expecting)

ONE hour? o_O wow. now that would be stunning if that really is like that and would count for the whole tour... :D

you never know if it will be really like that. But I do hope so. *bounces around*

I think it would be really weird to after that even give Dragonforce a chance (I'm clearly not going for them)...

*laughing*
in cologne DF wont have a chance, because they were boring in dublin and therefore arent worth for me to watch them ^^

I'm bahack! *is still bouncing around* Front row :D (in front of Olli)

Unfortunately it wasn't a full hour as that time table said. They got to play only six songs or so. If I remember correctly:

Battle Metal
A portage to the unknown
The messenger
One more
Rasputin
To Holmgard and beyond

I think they had better played THANB first and Battle Metal last, but maybe that is just me.

I had a really good time bouncing around, headbanging, singing along (I really should go do some sports or something, it was hard on me, lol)

I believe the most of the crowd pretty much sucked though :S

And I guess I now know who Andreas and Robert are, as there were some guys at the middle of the front row handing Mathias a Hertog Jan beer. For them: I was the short girl with the redish hair that stood in front of you while waiting for the stairs to open. Or at least I think you were behind us... my memory is not functioning properly right now (just like I was searching for somebody on the wrong right side of the venue after Turisas *rolls eyes* maybe I should dye my hair blond again).

I tried to make some pictures, but after three or so stopped. It wouldn't work out. They move too much (and my camera is probably not suitable without flashing).

EDIT: and to support the band I bought a shirt. Or I at least hope they get money from it, because €30,- for a tshirt is an awful lot of money.

I didn't wait for the band. No idea if others did get to meet them. I had a train to catch. Maybe some other time...

lol I was right in front of Mathias, Operation HJ went according to plan :)

Also, have got myself a setlist right here..regje you are wrong:

Battle Metal
Portage
One More
Messenger
Jarisleif
Rasputin
Holmgard

...THAT was the tracklisting ;) you mixed up the order a bit.

And we couldn't have been behind you in order of the stairs to open up, because we were the first two guys on the left stairs (and I think you was the girl standing on the right stairs? I remember seeing someone with red hair there...) :) Pics from us (taken from 013 site and metalshots.com) to follow soon ^^

And yeah, the Hertog Jan part was pretty cool ^^ Though Mathias didn't seem to know who (of the two of us) actually gave him the can of HJ, he kept pointing vaguely in our direction lmao.

And Olli came after the show and we had a little chat with him too. He seemed surprised most peeps came for Turisas and not DF :rofl:

GREAT show!

yesterday in bed I remembered I should have added Jarisleif as well. And it was something I remembered the songs, so I knew I probably had the order wrong. Cool you got a setlist. My arms are usually too short for something like that ;þ

And I knew I was mixing things up yesterday evening. I was tired, hehe. But anyways, I saw you guys. And indeed I was at the right stairs. And I saw the photographer taking pics of you.

So the day after: my neck hurts, my throat hurts, my arms hurt (those barriers are just a bit too high for me actually) and I had way too little sleep (I was too excited to sleep properly). But still some good memories.

Haha yeah we were on the left stairs, I was the guy how sneeked through the fence and hurried to the stage haha
And I got a setlist too ^^
The show really kicked-ass!
It was cool to see that Mathias didn't expect to get Hertog Jan haha, net time we'll bring more!

*EDIT: I also bought a T-shirt of course! and hope indeed that you guys get the money yourself since it indeed is a lot of money! (But still all worth it!)

But god, did DragonForce suck.

I never walk away during a show normally, but yesterday was just...sigh
Musically they're not that bad, but their whole stage prescense, "fake" show, tight pants etc make me want to throw up. Sam Tottman or w/e his name is....he was, well...lol
Everything about DF seems rehearsed to in the slightest detail, nothing was spontanious...or so it seemed.

I left my good front row spot after Turisas to find the other girls I was with (one of them was making pictures int he photo pit and the other had her reasons to stay to side more) and I ended up on the right front in front of the amplifiers. I don't know if that was just a very unlucky spot, but the sound of Dragonforce was absolutely horrible. I didn't watch the whole show. I didn't find the crowd very enthusiastic during Dragonforce either (although it got a bit better to the end). Everybody must have found me total lunatic for going so crazy during Turisas, lol (the people around me were just standing there)

@Robert: when the gates were about to be open, I didn't exactly paid any attention to your side anymore, but more to get myself up and down those stairs as quickly as possible. But you deserved to be front row, you were there early. Apparently Dragonforce fans don't really queue. It was really quiet in front of the venue (5 or 6 people or so?) when I first got there around 16:00.

Haha yeah, I wasn't really paying attention to your side either, I know I've seen you since I remember a girl with red hair in front of the other gate though.
Yeah indeed, we were there at about 14:45, and there was one person. And the next ones came at.. I think 15:45 / 16.00 or something about that.
I'm glad we actually made it to the front row, we were kinda scared we wouldn't when we saw the gate was closed.
almost fell of the last stairthingy inside the venue haha:p

there actually were two girls with red hair standing there...

We joined the queue at about 17:45 and still managed to get front row, so that was good (I'm too short to see anything if I don't get front row). And I'm quite glad it wasn't necessary to wait really early, those 45 minutes were already quite cold, hehe.

thanks for the reports :)

@regje
thanks to DF making the prices of the shirts they´re that expensive -.-