Weird issue w/ Reaper- soft 'pop' at the beginning of renders

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
Yeah. So I'm working on this band's album since they're Swedish and I'm in Texas, we had the wacky idea that instead of them sending me the raw tracks and me setting up a fresh Reaper project, they would send their Reaper project file and I'd just load it up without having to fuck with setting any tempos (they have quite a few tempo changes in every track). It's great, works fine in every way and saves me a ton of time BUT it seems like with every single mixdown render I do, there's a little "bloop" sound at the very beginning. It sounds like it's being processed because it has reverb but I have tracks with delay+reverb plugins on them but no tracks with just reverb, so I'm having trouble pinning this down to any single track/plugin.

Has anyone else had this issue before? Here's the sound in full glory:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06k3aqcw7oszbvy/bloop.mp3?dl=0

I've tried taking plugins offline and the best result was still having the "bloop" but with no reverb. This doesn't happen with my own projects. i tried rendering my own songs out and no bloop. So I'm thinking this could be something they did inside the project that I can't see/tell. It's literally never happened to me before. i haven't started using any new plugins for this project. So no idea.

You disabled all plugins altogether as well?

Without downloading the file, I suspect DC content in the source tracks, that kicks in immediately. Causes pops or clicks. Or a pop/click written in the files.
Possible solution: add another fade-in, and move the track start a few ms

Yeah, I remember Kazrog Thermionic first versions had DC offset problems and caused similar problem.
Find JS plugin for DC offset fixing and put at your FX chain end - then render.

once i had a simliar problem - turns out it was because of a plugin bypass-automation right at the beginning.
go to the action-menu and run envelopes: show all envelopes for all tracks to check if there is any unwanted automation going on.

Welp I figured it out. It was TSE 808 but only the fact that I have 6 going and they're all 32 bit bridged...not sure why that is. Oh well, we're reamping the guitars anyway so off it went.