Weird issues with my right ear

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
So my hearing isn't FANTASTIC (thanks to playing drums for about a year or so without protection /facepalm)

When I've been listening to music for a while on headphones, or just mixing for a while, if I take it off there's like a really low frequency hum in my right ear. Like tinnitus but REALLY low pitched, like 40hz. Goes away after about 10-20 mins.

And, again in my right ear, really only notice this just before going to bed as it needs to be really quiet, but I can hear my ear kinda moving in and out. Its really hard to explain, and I'm not sure if its my heartbeat or not (can't remember).. but its kinda weird. I can hear my ear :/ Not triggered by anything, just noticeable just before going to bed.

I dunno when these started popping up, kinda just gradually until they were finally noticeable. No sudden change and they appeared.

I also have very mild tinnitus but not in a constant form, every few days or so I might get it for a few minutes, then it goes away so I'm not overly worried about it. I do do much more to protect my ears now tho than I did years ago.

Should I be worried about the aforementioned things? My Dad also mentions he gets the low frequency thing sometimes, he calls it a 'foghorn'.

It doesn't seem to be medically significant from what I've experienced talking to others who have it. Also it seems to go away when listening to music so I wouldn't worry about it affecting your mixes either

I have this weird "click" noise in my right ear. Even when I'm wearing protection while for example playing drums, when I hit the snare and then just stop playing I can hear a click in my right hear. It's just as if my ear is actually compressing the sound and when it releases the compression, the click occurs. Really weird to describe but... I've got some issues too and I don't think it's that unusual with these "minor" defects.

I have this weird "click" noise in my right ear. Even when I'm wearing protection while for example playing drums, when I hit the snare and then just stop playing I can hear a click in my right hear. It's just as if my ear is actually compressing the sound and when it releases the compression, the click occurs. Really weird to describe but... I've got some issues too and I don't think it's that unusual with these "minor" defects.

I've heard of that problem several times and it's something to be worried about. Please Wear earplugs on that ear for 2 straight weeks till you start seeing an improvement! o_O

So my hearing isn't FANTASTIC (thanks to playing drums for about a year or so without protection /facepalm)

When I've been listening to music for a while on headphones, or just mixing for a while, if I take it off there's like a really low frequency hum in my right ear. Like tinnitus but REALLY low pitched, like 40hz. Goes away after about 10-20 mins.

And, again in my right ear, really only notice this just before going to bed as it needs to be really quiet, but I can hear my ear kinda moving in and out. Its really hard to explain, and I'm not sure if its my heartbeat or not (can't remember).. but its kinda weird. I can hear my ear :/ Not triggered by anything, just noticeable just before going to bed.

I dunno when these started popping up, kinda just gradually until they were finally noticeable. No sudden change and they appeared.

I also have very mild tinnitus but not in a constant form, every few days or so I might get it for a few minutes, then it goes away so I'm not overly worried about it. I do do much more to protect my ears now tho than I did years ago.

Should I be worried about the aforementioned things? My Dad also mentions he gets the low frequency thing sometimes, he calls it a 'foghorn'.

I get what seems like the exact same thing, but in my left ear. Now I always wear ear plugs at gigs, apart from when I'm on stage (I just can't hear what I'm doing properly). If you ever find out what this is, please post it, 'cause I want to know...

Exact same this happens to me, right ear also, after a while using headphones theres a wee hum there, but it hasnt got any worse. Again, went too long without proper ear protection, but I dont know how the other guys in the band survived?? Is it different for everyone?

Thanks to a Motorhead concert when i was 16 years old, i lost 20% hearing in my right ear.

The annoying part of that is that i have to stereo balance the mix with visual indicators.