WEIRD problem trying to install G-Tune...

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
So I downloaded G-Tune to be able to tune my guitars at my computer based on various recommendations. I run the self extracting EXE file and hit "Setup" and all of a sudden Windows Installer runs the setup file for Melodyne 3.1. I deleted EVERY trace I could find of Melodyne off of my computer and it STILL does it! It must be some registry related issue maybe? Perhaps this is what I get for testing out software that I didn't pay for :erk:

I searched "Melodyne" on my computer and deleted every file that showed up and ran CCleaner to clean all temp files and my registry, still tries to install Melodyne. Funny thing is, it actually successfully installs it every time. So somehow these files are still on my computer somewhere that I can't find! Grr!

Maybe try to manually look through the folder Windows\Installer. That's a hidden folder, so maybe the files weren't included in the search result. The Windows Installer usually craps files in there.

When i installed G tune, i just copy-pasted the .dll file to the VST folder, i never saw any setup??

*double checking*

When i installed G tune, i just copy-pasted the .dll file to the VST folder, i never saw any setup??

*double checking*

I think the setup doesn't do any different. Usually it just asks you where to put the plug and then installs some read-me or manual additionally.