Weird vocal glitch on Nickelback's 'Photograph'

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
It's so strange that I've only just noticed this, despite spinning this record almost daily for a year now.

But during the verse, in the middle of the song, when Chad sings 'The cops hated us hanging out', listen to the word 'out' and tell me what you think that is. Botched edit, auto-tune going spastic, a forced lengthening/time stretch of the the word that didn't pan out so well?

Weird that this sort of stuff can fly on a transatlantic hit.

Whatever it is, that's baaad... Very surprising to hear something like that on such a huge hit.

Cracks me up hearing stuff like this - there was one super obvious one no more than 2 seconds in on a song on Colbie Caillat's latest album, I'll see if I can't find a youtube video of it.

"I'm still f-f-f-f-f-f-feeling the rain fall" - looks more like a line from Jimmy of South Park fame. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

1:23 "Explain"

Another Warner Bros record...haha

Last edited by a moderator:
on Photograph it's too subtle, I barely noticed it even with doubled atention, but the Deftones one is perfectly spottable

That just sounds like his singing style to me :confused: I can't hear not auto tune glitches or anything

The first verse it's ok, the second verse the "aiinnn" in explain is glitching. It is somewhat easier to hear on laptop speakers in both examples.

on Photograph it's too subtle, I barely noticed it even with doubled atention, but the Deftones one is perfectly spottable

I can detect a bit of a fast attack on some autotune in there, but it can cleverly be blamed on the accented vocal style. Sounds kind of like bjork in some places. And you know how weird her shit gets.

I think the bigger question here is why are you listening to a Nickelback record daily? It better be because of its production.