Weird vocal glitch on Nickelback's 'Photograph'

^^He tried to point it out before and we couldn't really hear it then, either.

As far as doubled vocals go... For Chuck Billy or someone growling, sure, but for clean vocals, I absolutely hate it. Sounds chorus-y and overly processed, and the tuning it takes to get them to mesh well makes them even more lifeless than they otherwise would be. Never heard a doubled clean vocal through a song that I actually liked the sound of.

This.
Doubled growls = ownage
Doubled cleans = fail

didn't hear it in the adtr video

I think he's talking about a slight cymbal ducking there, which might sound like a bad BD job. Honestly I think it could be just the compression, doesn't bother me at all.

Maybe I'm just not anal enough about stuff like this, but I really don't think minor glitches like the ones in this thread are that serious at all. I do not condone doing sloppy work as the engineer, but the casual listener, or even the music enthusiast won't (probably) notice these things, and even if they do, they won't go bat shit insane wondering whether it's some sloppy autotuning or a bad edit. They're just thinking it's a fucking good/crap sounding song :)

Is it just me or is the click bleeding like crazy at @1:37?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^He tried to point it out before and we couldn't really hear it then, either.

As far as doubled vocals go... For Chuck Billy or someone growling, sure, but for clean vocals, I absolutely hate it. Sounds chorus-y and overly processed, and the tuning it takes to get them to mesh well makes them even more lifeless than they otherwise would be. Never heard a doubled clean vocal through a song that I actually liked the sound of.

I always have the feeling that the click is bleeding at the intro song of the latest Walls Of Jericho... It´s very subtle but it´s there. Pretty embarassing moment on a otherwise great album.

I'd guess its just pick attack

Hmm, would make sense, since it's only in that one part with the guitars playing those straight 8-notes or whatever they do. Also, it's still there with no vocals in there. So yeah, probably pick attack.

The only thing I can notice there is the retarded autistic-savant rocking back and forth that they're mistaking for headbanging.

this glitch always bothered me...Sounds like a really bad crossfade/comp job:

4:19-20 On the "What is what Drives the Weak" part of whatever he says. The cut between Drives the weak...