Weirdest PP t-shirt reaction?

Punk is a darned good way to spend the metal-less summer months. :) I saw the Dwarves, the Queers, DRI, D.I., MDC, and a bunch of great local acts this summer..

Did you see the Adolescents? I was sitting around twiddling my thumbs and then suddenly "oh shit, I forgot the Adolescents were touring!"

Ha, guess we can take a punk discussion to the lounge!!!!

I guess I was just being kind that in Atlanta, some peeps probably HAVE gotten laid in a PP t-shirt...... :)

I missed the Adolescents - I developed a bad inner ear infection and a bad case of labrynthitis that week, and I was grounded by my wife and not allowed to go, since I kept tipping over. :p

Jasonic - They may have gotten laid IN one, but probably not as a result of wearing one. :) By the way, an acquaintance of mine caught Ancient Dreams opening for Helloween and said that you guys "kicked ass". :)

On the way to PP13 we stopped in a gas station in AL. I was making a beeline for the bathroom when some guy in a biker/patch vest stops me and says "Hey man, my name's JP and I just got off of death row. I like your shirt. Where do you fellowship?" I was wearing this shirt:
ESMMMainPic-1-300.jpg

Seriously awkward.

On the way to PP13 we stopped in a gas station in AL. I was making a beeline for the bathroom when some guy in a biker/patch vest stops me and says "Hey man, my name's JP and I just got off of death row. I like your shirt. Where do you fellowship?" I was wearing this shirt:
ESMMMainPic-1-300.jpg

Seriously awkward.

/endthread

Mardoch wins. Fatality.

ESMMMainPic-1-300.jpg

Seriously awkward.

:lol: You win the game!

Wow. The only way it would have been more awkward is if you mix the death row guy and the Dwarves shirt, and he'd asked where you worship Satan at. :)

The best (or worst, depending on your perspective) part is that we ate lunch at the little attached diner and he was a table away...and he wouldn't stop staring at me. It was one of the weirdest encounters I've ever had.

ESMMMainPic-1-300.jpg

Seriously awkward.

holy shit

Sort of ProgPower related, I was wearing my PPXIII shirt to a comic book/board game place to play MTG with friends, and the guy at the cash register there was wearing a Strato Infinity shirt. He saw my PPUSA shirt, and we had a discussion. Apparently he saw Strato at ProgPower before, and has been there multiple times. Not weir, just unexpected and kinda neat.

Not a PP shirt story, but was flying back home from Las Vegas one year after seeing Trans-Siberian Orchestra and wearing a TSO shirt. As I went to step through the scanner, the TSA agent gasped super loudly and pointed at me. Then she said, “oh, my friend had extra tickets to that concert last night, but I didn’t go.” I told her it was a great show…once my heart started beating again…

I go to Vegas every year with a huge group to see TSO, and another year, one couple got pulled out of the line…they had been in the front row of the show the night before, and there was explosive residue from the pyro still on their clothing! :eek:

there was explosive residue from the pyro still on their clothing! :eek:

I had a similar experience in August.. I was on my way to Detroit for business, and since it was a Sunday, I wore a recent acquisition on the plane - my new Havok - Unnatural Selection tour shirt, on which the Havok logo glows in the dark..

Guess what those fancy body xray machines hate? Glow in the dark materials.

My cousin was on a Caribbean cruise a few years ago. They had a live band on the ship and the drummer happened to be wearing a Devin Townsend Band T-shirt.

My cousin (who I've introduced to all this type of music and is 51 years old), approached him after they got off stage and mentioned that he liked his shirt. The drummer thought my cousin had it confused with Pete Townsend, and he was quite surprised when my cousin started mentioning Devin album titles.