Welcome the new singer of Power Quest...

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
... Chity Somapala!

And the new guitarist... Gavin Owen!

http://www.power-quest.co.uk/

I can't say I've ever heard of Gavin before, but I'm a big fan of Chity's voice. Granted, I've only heard him sing for Firewind before, but he gave them a solid performance, and I definitely can't wait to hear how this new Power Quest album turns out with him on it.

EDIT: Apologies in advance if Steve wanted to break the news here first, but everyone's been waiting for this announcement!

Rich works at the studio our band rehearses at, I remember walking down to get some change from the studio room and hearing some of the Power Quest demo, it sounded mighty epic! Congrats to the new members as well :D really looking forward to seeing a performance

Sweet.

... okay, look, Steve... much love and all, but the next time you have all six members together, could you please take an actual band photo, instead of Photoshopping yourselves together? :loco:

Anyways, can't wait to hear some stuff.

i don't keep track of band members very well, so idk what this means (other than that zp isn't the singer) i really look forward to hearing what they sound like though!

Power Quest are pleased to announce that the new vocalist is Chitral "Chity" Somapala. Chity is well known and highly regarded worldwide in the Rock and Metal scene and has recorded, toured and made guest appearances with the likes of "Avalon", "Faro", "Firewind" and "Red Circuit", as well as fronting his own band "Civilisation One".

His unmistakable style has been compared favourably with Ronnie Hames Dio, Kalus Meine and Jonny Gioeli. Power Quest main man Steve Williams commented on the news:

"I'm thrilled to have recruited a vocalist and frontman of Chity's calibre. I've known Chity for a couple of years and we have often talked abut working together and now we have that opportunity. We have already recorded 3 new songs with him and they just sound immense."

Visit somapala.com for more information about Chity.

In addition to this news we are also pleased to welcome Gavin Owen into the band as the new guitarist. Previously Gav was the lead guitarist for Welsh metallers Triaxis.

"Gav's audition last weekend was of the highest standard and we were all very impressed by his playing and how he conducted himself throughout the process", said Steve Williams. "There was an instant chemistry there between him and the rest of the guys and particularly with Andy which bodes well for the future"

:headbang: :kickass: Huge big metal welcome to the new lads!!! :headbang: :kickass: Welcome to the Quest boys! Hoping to hear this seriously stellar lineup lay down some sweet, epic power metal soon.

Can't say I've ever really heard the names before but then I realised I must have heard Chity on Firewind's 'Forged by Fire'. Epic album. Man's got a smooth voice, I was reminded of Dio but also Niklas Isfeldt sans accent (there's a link with Gus G there too, Forged by Fire could have been a Dream Evil album when you listen!) and let's hope we hear some screeching power metal screams too! :headbang:

Had no doubt Steve would find the right men to gel well with the band. Let's hope PQ 2.5 and Blood Alliance bring out that chemistry in some balls-out legendary metal :headbang:

whatever…
...I hope everything turns alright and good luck to the new line-up
looking forward to the new album

I know you're disappointed... I can tell.. as we still don't know where ZP is headed.

whatever…
...I hope everything turns alright and good luck to the new line-up
looking forward to the new album

zp already gave hint that him and dragonforce called it quits because of musical difference. this should tell you that zp most likely won't play for a power metal band anymore.

your post tell me you sound disappointed. i'm going to assume that you are a big zp fan especially that you go head to head against dragonforce forumers about him leaving the band and all that hoopla.

this is power quest. get on with the times bro. no need to be disappointed and enjoy it for what it is. the new pq singer will bring a different feel to their music. :headbang:

Sweet.

... okay, look, Steve... much love and all, but the next time you have all six members together, could you please take an actual band photo, instead of Photoshopping yourselves together? :loco:

Anyways, can't wait to hear some stuff.

Haha, when I saw that image late last night it actually scared me slightly. It felt like the site had been hacked or something!

I really can't wait to hear new Power Quest material now. In particular, I think Chity is a great vocalist if his work with Firewind is anything to go by.

this is power quest. get on with the times bro. no need to be disappointed and enjoy it for what it is. the new pq singer will bring a different feel to their music. :headbang:

a bit disappointed yes, but it's OK - no need to worry about me :) and i really hope the new line-up will make PQ take off :headbang:

btw, its 's not bro
it's sis - it's christine :oops:

almost bought the firewind album with Chitty on vocals last week, decided not to due to the possibility of spending the money on something else. Currently planning the next shopping to Bristol and hoping that its still there for the price of a fiver

i'm fairly new to power metal (i haven't been alive long enough to know to much about it i'm only 15) so who is "chity" (and is that pronounced "shity"?) can someone please give me a link to him singing (preferably when he was with firewind) thanks

i'm fairly new to power metal (i haven't been alive long enough to know to much about it i'm only 15) so who is "chity" (and is that pronounced "shity"?) can someone please give me a link to him singing (preferably when he was with firewind) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair point dude....although next time will be the first time!

It's actually bugged me for a while, and was the focus of more than one sardonic comment at Blabbermouth as well. The contours between the members has always looked a bit off, giving the whole photo a bit of an eerie quality. Additionally, the lighting appears to be totally different on each member. Then when the new members suddenly appeared in place of the old--well, it's gotten a bit blatant. :loco:

Anyways, you guys don't hang out together? :lol: It's not hard to shoot a band photo, is it? You just need an epic location. Go out to a forest or lake or castle or something in all your full-metal gear. :headbang: