Welcome to the juuuungle!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Ahhh Saturday night I went to see "Appetite For Destruction" at the Barley Corn, they rocked!!! Great Guns N Roses tribute band! They did the entire Appetite album in order, then as the encore played a few of the other Guns N Roses hits like Civil War, You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, Yesterdays, etc. It was great! I got wasted first at a bar in the city for my 21st with some friends and by the time I got to the Barley Corn I was full of energy haha. Had a greaaaaat night and lost my voice singing (ie. screaming) along!

Got heaps of great presents from friends that night too... I got a lifesize cardboard cutout of Kiss (!!!!! Haha its in the lounge room at the moment driving mum up the wall LOL), 1983 live Kiss bootleg on vinyl with Vinnie on guitar, Guns N Roses live CD, etc... and one very naughty person even got me Kiss Alive IV, the limted edition TRIPLE VINYL (10,000 in the world!) which cost WAY too much, but its fucking AWESOME!

:headbang: I'll definitely be seeing Appetite next time they play... but next on the list is KISSTERIA next week at the Espy! :headbang: Australia's best tribute show, hands down!

Yeah, what he said :). I saw a little balloon thing next to your name in my ICQ list yesterday, but couldn't get on here to see if anyone had posted a "Happy Birthday Glamboy" thread.

Is the '83 bootleg from the Creatures or Lick It Up tour? I've been looking for a decent quality show from the former for ages now, not that yours would be much good to me because I haven't got a turntable :rolleyes:.

Alive IV is rather good isn't it? I was so impressed with the DVD that I caved in and bought the album as well. Only $21.95 for a double disc :headbang:.

G n R tribute show sounded pretty good. A pity I like the songs more than the band, otherwise I'd own Appetite by now.

W

It's from Novemer 18, Gothenberg Sweden... right near the start of the Lick It Up tour! :) It isn't the whole show though... coz its only a single vinyl which is 45 minutes.

The tracklisting is:

Creatures of The Night
Detroit Rock City
Fits Like A Glove
Exciter
War Machine
Gimme More (w/Vinnie guitar solo)
I Love It Loud (w/Gene bass solo)
I Still Love You

So every song except DRC is off my 2 fave Kiss albums hehe... its cool to hear stuff like Exciter and Fits Like A Glove live too!

I haven't listened to Alive IV yet! Waiting till I get a new turn table in the next couple of weeks (or listen at my friend's place) coz mine isn't in the best shape and I don't wanna fuck up an expensive new vinyl with my crap needle! The packaging is awesome on it, I love it!! But yeah the Symphony show did rock so I know the orchestra sounds good, plus what I saw on ABC was awesome :)

Troops is the only person I know more excited about tribute bands than the ACTUAL bands :)

Are there more tribute bands in Melbourne than elsewhere in Australia?

Sydo: The Espy, Saturday 18th October.... probably start at 11pm because bands there finish at 1am. The Shine are playing before them and the usual Kiss Army expo stuff, videos, merchandise etc will be happening.

Spawn I had more fun at Kissteria the week after Kiss Symphony than at Kiss Symphony.. that's how fucking good they are! SEE THEM! They are a Sydney band and play there all the time!

Melbourne does have alot though... Kisstroyer, Bad Medicine, Appetite For Destruction, War Pigs, Nightcrawler, some Iron Maiden tribute who sucks apparently, In Halen, etc...

:lol: You make Kissteria sound like the greatest show on earth, ill have to go see them one day :)

When I find something in the human race WORTH leaving the house for, ill GO.

So far you lot are giving a VERY poor showing. See me after class.

F

Didnt the Panthers making the Grand Final make you excited enough to go to the game?

I went to Panthers Leagues and had the best day of my life. Was so fucking cool. Big group of mates, and we all left our women at home so we could get up to bad shit. Got there at 11 in the morning, and left at 4 the next morning. Was a very big day/night, but was awesome. The atmosphere was amazing all throughout the game, and afterwards when the players came back.

Nup, well at this stage no, well ok no :) Unless I change my mind, but I dont know if they would put on that great of a show to be honest!