Monsters Of Rock!

Hey Wrathy, just because I don't say much about Led Zep on here doesn't mean I'm ignorant and lacking respect for them! I like them, but don't have much of their stuff, that's all......

Wrathchild said:
"Led Zeppelin is not over-rated. Their achievements speak for themselves."

The ripper of gore speaks truth! It seems there are only three people on this board (myself, Brian and Cedyn) who treat Led Zeppelin's music with the respect it deserves. The rest of you either sneer or shrug, which shows just how young and ignorant you all are :rolleyes:.

If I appear bitter about this, it's partly because I've just lost an auction for The Zep's "Complete Studio Recordings" box set on Ebay :bah:.

W

ps. I love zep too.

I can definitely see why some people would call Led Zeppelin over-rated... anyone who actually likes them (ie, me) doesn't think they're over-rated because even though they were hugely popular, I think they deserved it. But to anyone who doesn't like them, it's obvious that they would think they were over-rated because you don't think they deserved all the accolades they received.

You'll never see anyone saying Zeppelin are under-rated (it's impossible to be widely considered one of the greatest bands of all-time and still be under-rated :lol: )... they either deserved what they got or were over-rated, depending on who you ask.

They weren't critically fashionable for most of the 70s and 80s, despite other bands constantly ripping them off whether they realised what they were doing or not.

Apologies to Winmar, Koich and Spiff for any ruffled feathers I may have caused. I was in a foul mood when I posted that remark. Even fouler than usual, that is.

W

Well, should is maybe too strong a word. I COULD own some of their albums, certainly.

ITTOD is my favourite release by a very long way. Carouselambra is probably in my top 3 Zeppelin songs, and its criminally under-rated by the general public too!

Achilles' Last Stand is a very very good song, but every other song on Presence is mediocre at best.

Back on KISS again, here's an exerpt from an interview with Humphrey B. Flaubert from TISM:

"There would be no reason for TISM to ever unmask. When KISS unmasked, it was kind of interesting. There was a certain element of shock that this band that looked, sounded and acted like a bunch of dumb New York wog guys with hairy chests, were in fact, a bunch of dumb New York wog guys with hairy chests."

"KISS were crap, are crap, and always will be crap. Also, this concept of KISS becoming 'post modernly' accepted is crap. TISM have more in common with Delta Goodrem than we do with KISS. Furthermore, anyone who makes the comparison with TISM and KISS should have red hot bamboo shoots stuck under their fingernails, and then be buried alive in concrete under the house of well-known Melbourne promoter, Frank Stivala."

On Slipknot:
"Slipknot.....purport to be very scary ,when in fact they're nothing more than 14-year-old-male bedroom masturbation music. TISM's target demographic, however, is 15-year-old-male masturbation music, which is an important distinction to make."

:lol:

One of my fave things I have on video is on a Hard N Heavy before a KISS interview where all these guys from bands are saying how KISS are the reason they wanted to be a rock star or the reason they play music or how big a part of their life KISS were growing up. And obviously you have bands like Warrant, Skid Row (on their knees bowing to an Alive vinyl!), Faster Pussycat etc saying it... but you also have Testament, Nuclear Assault, Annihilator, Celtic Frost, etc etc on there as well. There are heaps. Pretty much everybody who was interviewed throughout the last 2 issues of Hard N Heavy, they have commenting on how important KISS was to them.

:headbang: There is nobody like them! Fuck, even Lemmy performs on the latest KISS tribute album, and Ozzy Osbourne sings praises to KISS on a couple of videos I have, and talks about how much KISS blew him away when they opened for Sabbath (ironically on the tour Sabbath kicked them off lol). "They were unbelievable!"

Yeah but its for the live show with all the explosions and fireworks. Deny it all you want, but kids did not want to be Ace, Gene or Paul because of their inspiring guitar playing and insightful lyrics, it was because they looked larger than life, like superheros, and when you are 8 thats cool as fuck.

I wouldnt say either Kiss or Slipknot were morons, Tism has done fuck all and sold fuck all. Very few morons have millions and millions of dollars, unless they inherited it.