MONSTERS OF ROCK show in Melbourne!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Saturday 6th September
Hi Fi Bar, Swanston St. City
$16 at door, doors open 8:30pm

KISSTROYER
Melbourne's best Kiss tribute show. (Though not as good as Kissteria!)

BAD MEDICINE
Classic Bon Jovi tribute show.

IN HALEN
David Lee Roth-era Van Halen tribute show.

plus special guests the world famous Spearmint & Rhino girls.

------------------------------------------------------------

It will be well worth $16, it's gonna be huge! Not your average local rock gig.... this is gonna be a huge night of loud rock & roll, leather, tons of hairspray, blood spitting, fire breathing, pyrotechnics, strippers... the whole works!!

I know that Kisstroyer do a full blown classic Kiss show with all the theatrics and pyrotechnics and Spearmint & Rhino girls dancing on stage.... I heard Bad Medicine are a tribute to the '80s Bon Jovi and do the whole show with tons of hair spray and costumes and everything, should be a great night!!!

:headbang: I can't wait!

Well, I'm never in Sydney or Melbourne but Twisted Prophecies Bloke always hopes to see me there, so I thought I'd spread the love around a bit. :)

Well I went last night....

Whoever says hard rock is dead would be totally proved wrong last night. The place was PACKED! There was a queue a whole block long to get in (and this is when it was already pretty full inside too!).

Unfortunately between bands they were playing crappy alternative music, but then "Nothin' But A Good Time" came on and 2 seconds into it the whole venue cheered! That should've shown whoever the idiot DJing was what everyone was there for!

Onto the bands....

I only caught the last song of In Halen because they started at 8:30 on the dot I think and it took sooo long to get in coz of the crowd! The last song was Panama and they sounded GREAT! They were dressed up as Van Halen and everything, they looked awesome! I wish I saw it all.

Bad Medicine were next.... they had a huge crowd watching them and singing along, great crowd reaction. They played the songs really well but visually they were very boring and didn't put on that much of a show. If it wasn't for the songs themselves being so damn strong to get everyone into it they wouldn't have been that good. The bass player was weird and probably had the worst backing vocals I've ever heard haha. The setlist wasn't bad... from what I remember it was: Livin On A Prayer, You Give Love A Bad Name, Runaway, Everyday, Bed Of Roses, Keep The Faith, Wanted Dead Or Alive, One Wild Night, In & Out Of Love, some newish song I didn't know and Bad Medicine.

It was funny though they raffled off a guitar, announced the winning ticket, some dude gets up to collect it and they didn't even check his ticket... he gets the guitar and puts him arms in the air like YEAH! to the crowd, then gets of the stage and RUNS out of the venue. Next thing some other dude gets up with the real winning ticket HAHAHA! Security had to try and find the other dude who stole the guitar hahahaha.

Kisstroyer were last and totally stole the show, just blew the other bands off the stage. Extremely professional! (But Kissteria are still better I think.)

Great stageshow with full costumes, the massive Kiss light logo as the back drop (fully functional), fire breathing, blood spitting, etc. They didn't do the smoke bomb guitar or any pyro this time though. Also, in "I Was Made For Lovin' You" there was about 8 strippers on stage who got topless and danced around feeling each other up haha. That was good :D

The buzz was awesome during Kisstroyer's set. They put on a great show for the crowd. I think the night was definitely a victory for the Kiss fans! And I wouldn't be surprised if alot of the Bon Jovi fans there who might not have been into Kiss will go away checking out lots of Kiss stuff now. Kisstroyer kinda showed everyone who the REAL "monsters of rock" are! !:headbang:

Can't wait till Kissteria at The Espy in October now! Kisstroyer had the advantage of a bigger stage and bigger crowd than Kissteria usually have but as far as the performance goes Kissteria are tighter, more accurate as a tribute, and just a better band. However the vibe and buzz last night during Kisstroyer was just amazing! I'd love to see Kissteria play the Hi Fi bar with that size stage and a packed house, it would be amazing!

The Trooper said:
Also, in "I Was Made For Lovin' You" there was about 8 strippers on stage who got topless and danced around feeling each other up haha. That was good :D

:OMG: Yeah, Rock! :headbang:

"Paul" did the Take It Off from Alive III speech in the middle of the song.

"What do you think of our friends!! You know when I see girls like these there's only one thing I can think... I wanna see a little more! Do you wanna see a little more??"

That's when they took off their tops :) One of them was really slutty, she could barely keep her top on before that anyway, she kept kinda giving peeks to the crowd, and she was the one who was mainly touching all the other girls boobs the most hahahaha.

Why am I cursed to live in Adelaide where stuff like this never happens? :cry:.

Oh, the Zep Boys are playing at the Governor Hindmarsh sometime in October, but as usual there'll probably be all sorts of stupid reasons why I can't go.

Trent, did you get any of the strippers' phone numbers? ;).

W

You should have hot teased them for a while, then they would have been foaming for some of your sweet delight Troops.

Troops, did "Paul" do the bit from Alive III where he tries to hit the high notes on "I Was Made For Loving You" but fails miserably? :)

Winmar said:
Fuck me drunk, were you coming down anyway, or did you go just for that gig, Ralphe?!!

Actually,no i wasn't coming down to Melbourne.I saw Trent's post about 1pm Sat arvo(although i seem to recall him mentioning it a while back) had a look at the virgin website and worked out i could catch a plane at 6.15pm that night so off i went to Melbourne.Unfortunately,took me a bit longer than usual to get from the airport into the city on the Skybus and only arrived a couple of minutes before Trent.I certainly wasn't expecting to queue up for another 30 mins and only see 1 van halen song.Bon Jovi and Kiss shows were excellent.(see Trent's review).1.30 am everything finishes.walk back to Spencer st.catch skybus at 2am to airport.try and sleep at airport for a couple of hours until flight at 6am back to Sydney.arrive home 7.30am and then sleep(in my bed,yay!) until 2pm Sunday arvo.

and all of this without having any alcohol!