Woo killer rock & roll long weekend continues..

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Last night I went to Back In The Day again and as usual had a killer time! And now tonight I'm off to the Hi-Fi Bar to see Kisstroyer (with full pyro show & Spearmint Rhino dancers), In Halen & Warning Sign (hair metal tribute).

Should be awesome! The last one of those gigs there had a queue a whole block down the street to get in, the place was PACKED (over 1000 people easy). So I'm looking forward to it!

:headbang:

Kisstroyer certainly don't go half assed with their show.

Last time I saw them it was a scaled down show without pyro or smoking guitar or anything (I don't think they were allowed that)... but the back of the stage was lined with Marshall stacks like a Kiss stage, the drums (with Kiss logos on the kick drums) were up on a big riser, they had the fully functional flashing Kiss lights, strippers, it was huge! And this time is the full blown show so can't wait to see that haha!

this coming from the guy with the patented 'fuckhead' signature picture

shut_up.jpg

:lol:

Anyway, sounds like an interesting gig. Wish I liked Kiss, for I'd no doubt be going if I did. :) If my hangover can just fuck off for a while I'll be going to see Alarum and Psycroptic tonight in Richmond. See how it goes....

Last night saw St Kilda win magnificently over Essendon. Then proceeded to drink far too many beers at a pub in Carlton. Nice.

:lol: Probably.. I think Bracks wishes he had the balls to call it that too at the moment. :s

Woah last night's gig was a killer :headbang:

Ok, Warning Sign were on first and sucked. Which rocks coz we'll be heaps better when we start playing shows. By the way, since when does an "80s Hair Metal Cover Show" include Megadeth, Dio, Iron Maiden & Ozzy?

Next was In Halen. AWESOME!!!! Fully dressed up like Van Halen and the main thing was, they had the VH attitude & spirit down perfectly! The bassist had the Jack Daniels bass even. And the David Lee Roth was wearing orange spandex with badges on it, bandana tied to the bottom of his pants, a funny little g-string over his spandex, the whole works, and came out with a bottle of Jack Daniels with about 2/3 of it left and by the end of the set he'd polished it off (and was pretty drunk too haha). He sounded JUST like Dave and there was sleazy bad jokes, passes at girls & sexual stage moves galore. It was great!

Next was Kisstroyer. WHAT A SHOW! Easily the biggest local rock show I've ever seen. The stage looked HUGE, they had a full pyro display (with tons of pyro throughout the show too) and played the best I've heard them with an awesome setlist, packed house crowd, the strippers again (and better looking ones than last time too), the whole works. They played for over 2 hours too. It was awesome!

:headbang: I have no voice left today though!

Kissteria are slightly better musicians and more accurate in that every movement and gesture they do is so convincing that you think it IS Kiss! And also they usually put a few more cool surprise songs in their setlist than Kisstroyer do.

But Kisstroyer have a far bigger stage show and really know how to rock the place... the vibe in the venue on Sunday night was as if it was Kiss themselves playing there, or at least a Bruce Kulick show or something... they really know how to create this great party atmosphere and tear the roof off the place!

So I love them both! As a die-hard Kiss addict, Kissteria always impress me more with their accuracy, but for an awesome fun huge night of rock & roll then you can't beat Kisstroyer.