Monsters Of Rock!

I'm getting sick of you guys saying that though, because it clearly isn't true. It only comes out when I dig something someone else doesn't like, but you never realise when I am bagging something out.

Led Zep are being discussed in this thread, I really don't like them. Overated to the max.

sorry dude. :(

I'm not a huge fan of Led Zep either, but I think Communication Breakdown is one awesome little rocker!

How about "I Want You"? That angelic 15 second acoustic opening then that HUGE fucking guitar sound for 1976 before Paul shouts "I WANT YOU!!!". That is a great opener!!! Or that crankin' riff of "I Stole Your Love" to open the Love Gun album!!!

:headbang:

Wrathchild said:
Tiny problem there Gore, Communication Breakdown isn't an album opener. Side two track three if I remember right. Led Zep's first album opener was Good Times Bad Times.

W
You are correct! I was thinking of set openers. :) When Led Zep first started playing America, before the album was out, that's what they opened with. How awesome would that have been?

:lol: I was hoping you wouldnt notice that Blitzy :) (But I havent played it in SO long... :( )

"Led Zeppelin is not over-rated. Their achievements speak for themselves."

The ripper of gore speaks truth! It seems there are only three people on this board (myself, Brian and Cedyn) who treat Led Zeppelin's music with the respect it deserves. The rest of you either sneer or shrug, which shows just how young and ignorant you all are :rolleyes:.

If I appear bitter about this, it's partly because I've just lost an auction for The Zep's "Complete Studio Recordings" box set on Ebay :bah:.

W

:)

You may not necessarily enjoy their music, but it's hard to justify saying they are over-rated. They single-handedly changed the face of touring forever, establishing new rules regarding the payment of touring acts and revolutionising the way tours were conducted, their sales had eclipsed even those of Elvis and the Beatles by 1974, they are still the only band to have nine albums on the Billboard top 100 at the same time, they broke US attendance records previously held by the Beatles on only their fourth tour and they continue to sell enormous amounts of albums to this day. It's actually pretty hard to understate achievements like that, regardless of what your opinion of the music might be.