Monsters Of Rock!

"when spazzo kids have a go at sports"

I suppose I should be offended by that sort of remark. I'm not though :lol:.

My spazzo kid-ness provided me with the perfect excuse to skive off PE lessons so I could go and read comics in the library. Things haven't changed much.

W

"No other band rocked as hard as KISS between 1974-1977."

*Ahem* Cheap Trick anyone? And what about Heart?

KISS were and always will be the soundtrack to my life, but that statement sounds like the sort of hyperbole Gene comes out with on a daily basis :).

W

Nah. I brought some of my own in and read them while all the other kids were forced to run laps around the oval and throw medicine balls at each other. Pffft! Suckers...

Tea Tree Gully library in SA now has a graphic novel section though :headbang:.

W

Actually AC/DC I agree with, I forgot them.

Black Sabbath, Purple, Zeppelin etc weren't as explosive or hard rockin as KISS. They were heavier & darker and still hadn't broken out of that classic British blues influenced sound. Black Sabbath were easily the heaviest but they weren't a hard rockin' band, much of their material still had an almost psychadelic edge at times during that era (same with Zeppelin in particular). Sabbath were heavy but didn't "rock hard" until Dio joined. Slow, doomy, sludgy metal isn't exactly hard rockin....

And Judas Priest's first album in 1974 sounds like a classic British blues rock album. They didn't really start rocking really hard until the late 70s, I said 1974-77.

Scorpions rocked hard though too. But KISS were the most explosive and that was the word I used. And I mean musically too, not just their stage show. KISS's was the most dynamic and punchy. Along with AC/DC who I completely forgot somehow!

I was pretty hammered but what I remember of it was unreal!!

KISSTROYER were GREAT!!!!! Opened with Creatures and blasted through a GREAT setlist with all their special stage effects in full force and a PACKED house, you couldn't move. Easily 1000 people there.

I can't for the life of me remember the setlist this time, usually I drive to their shows so I'm sober but this time I was trashed before I arrived... But I remember songs such as Tears Are Falling, War Machine, Unholy, C'Mon & Love Me, Hotter Than Hell, I Stole Your Love, Radioactive, etc etc in the setlist which rocked!

:headbang:

Packing out 1000 capacity venues is pretty big league for a local cover band. I have requested Turn On The Night and Reason To Live before though.

Glad to hear it was a good gig, as far as you remember.

1974-77 was a bloody long time ago now, especially for a band that's still going! What happened in 1978?