Welcome to the new official Amaran forum!!!

Yup, I got that impression. I guess it's because they used the same studio for the drums, with the same drummer, same drumsound, etc. ...

then there's Lazare doing some Hammond organ guest-work, that sounds like that on Empiricism. And there's also a bassist who does a lot of soloing and stuff on both albums. Well, I guess the only thing that really seperates both albums is the guitar-sound and riffing-style :)

Ronnie.B said:
Well after the masterpiece Quintessence with ICS Vortex on vox, they just didn't cut it with Empiricism and Mr.V on vox.
Have to disagree with you there. Sure, they're different styles, but Empiricism is just as much of a masterpiece as Quintessence (and indeed The Archaic Course). I like all three of their most recent albums for different reasons, and couldn't really choose between them. All are excellent in their own right.

Tet said:
Have to disagree with you there. Sure, they're different styles, but Empiricism is just as much of a masterpiece as Quintessence (and indeed The Archaic Course). I like all three of their most recent albums for different reasons, and couldn't really choose between them. All are excellent in their own right.

Difference of opinions...
I do consider "The Archaic Course" as sort of a masterpiece also but E just didn't click with me, simple as that! :)

Ronnie.B said:
Difference of opinions...
I do consider "The Archaic Course" as sort of a masterpiece also but E just didn't click with me, simple as that! :)

You just don't like Vintersorg ;)

Hi and welcome!!! Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to wait until early next year for the album... But it's worth waiting for ;-)

Elrickh said:
Hello Everybody !!! :Spin:
I am also a fan of Amaran and i am new on this forum.
I am also really impatient for the next album, i hope it will arrive soon in my country, France...

Cheers
Elrickh

Yes indeed !! That is right, she does sound a bit like the Lost In Misery singer, I still have an old demo of that band also, since I am dutch myself :) I also hear some comparisons to Christina from Lacuna Coil sometimes though I rate Johanna's voice higher :)