Welcome! (Wilkommen?:))

since someone mentioned swiss bands i would like to add Samael and Alastis. even though samael hail from the french-speaking part of switzerland.

A list of Swiss bands:

Absorbed
Absurd
Accelerator
Aeternum
Alastis
Aliengates
Altöl
Ambrossia
Antarus
Anxiety
Art Of Abyssus
Blackburn
Black Jade
Bluster
Braindead
Carnage
Cataract
Censored
Charing Cross
Climax
Coroner
Creeping Vengeance
Cremation
Cropment
Crossfade
Crown Of Glory
Crypton
Crystal Ball
Darkmoon
Darkrise
DC World
D.D.Dogz
Disciples
Disparaged
Downfall
Eeriness
Embalming Theatre
Emerald
Enigmatik
Excelsis
Excentric
Exhumanator
Exit
Eyes See Red
Felony
Fireedge
Gezeiten
Godiva
Gotthard
Gurd
Infinite Dreams
Intoxicate
Ipsum
Kaos
Killer
Kirk
Knowhere
Kobra
Krokus
Lunacy
Lunatica
Lunatication
Mace
Majesty Of Silence
Mana Prime
M-Day
Megora
Mind Over Matter
Mines
Mother Kingdom
Mutilation
Nächtlich Thränet
Nekropolis
Nightshade
Pertness
Pigskin
Profound
Prograss
Punish
Pure Yeast
PX-Pain
Requiem
Samael
Scalpel
Scathing
Shakra
Shorts And Churchbells
Sideburn
Slaine
Succubus
Sunnsteel
Tanelorn
The Cranium
Thunderwork
Tiburon
Todesblei
X Large
Your Own Decay
Zellzius

I'm sure that I forgot some, but I'll post them if I remember. Keep an eye on REQUIEM, they just got signed by Revenge Productions, a German label and will release their first full-length CD this summer/fall. Just ask me if you have questions about the bands, I'll try to help you ;)

Originally posted by Gaunerin
What an impressive list, TheEmperor! :eek:
I hardly know one of them.....

yeah I thought so ;) there are pretty many bands here, above all Death Metal bands. There are Death Metal concerts almost every weekend. But the bands aren't known international, at least most of them. and yeah, I forgot Celtic Frost in the list, how could I forget them!!! :lol:

Did anybody mention EverEve?

EverEve are my favourite German goth metal band, their first two albums are Hall Of Fame material. In my opinion they are the best German goth metal band ever. Most goth rock/metal stuff from Germany is pretty mediocre, I think. There are some good bands like Darkseed, Crematory, Century, Flowing Tears...but they can't beat EverEve.

Agathodaimon are also great!:headbang:

Yep, EverEve are on the list already.

Hm.....I've seen them live at the end of last year and wasn't exactly impressed. Especially the performance of their vocalist seemed kind of strange to me........or in other words: I didn't like it. Ridicilous in my eyes. But I'm not goth........so.....maybe that's why.

i am no goth either, but i like them nevertheless. to bad their first singer commited suicide... he was really great. the new vocals are not that brilliant indeed. but Seasons and Stormbirds are must-have.

one comment: fuck RH and fuck (former Metal) Hammer!
wtnd_7.gif

they're both opinion-making mags and for "introduction" not bad. but all this flaming on the one side and the praise hymns on the other (regarding certain metal styles and bands) start getting both boring (cos it's the same story all the time :rolleyes: ) and annoying :yuk:
the only reason why I kept buying alternating one of those pamphlets, was cos of the attached compilation cd, but I quit buying any of those some time ago cos now not even the cd is worth spending all those Euros and Cents

:devil:

Originally posted by TheEmperor
above all the German Metal magazine "Rock Hard" doesn't like Samsas Traum at all :D

i think this is rather funny. i am not a ST fan! the only reasons to buy the rockhard is the cd reviews, the cds and wolf rüdiger mühlmann...this guy is killer.. :D :D

yeah I think the Rock Hard is quite funny sometimes, I always buy it... but I still think that the Legacy is better for me, since there are more Death/Black Metal bands in it.

rock hard... well there's always one around in our rehearsal room, so i get to reading it quite regularly. i for one can't take the reviews seriously since i don't like power metal. and that's what they all seem to like. every second issue features either the onkelz :bah:, destruction/kreator :lol: or iron maiden. it's good for a laugh now and then (see manowar interview), but i don't take the whole thing seriously. every review is biased, and i rather choose my cds i want to buy by myself.

@morgana: I have another German band for your list: Cold Embrace
found "Ode To Sorrow" yesterday, when I started to organize my cd-shelf :D