well done metalica-so far so good!

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
just downloaded frantic clip and st anger video clip,what a pleasant surprise it was to see them playing harder than ever!

st anger in my opinion is the best song they have written since black album days and from what i heard so far of frantic its total kick ass metal.

so what does this all mean,well it looks like we are going to have at least 2 great heavy metal releases this year,not tin metal not nu metal just straight forward heavy fucking metal,which has got to be good for the scene.

anyone else got an opinion?

I heard almost all of St. Anger today off the local rock station and I was disappointed. Out of all my friends, I was one of the most open about what Metallica would do, but I was shocked at what they were doing on that song. There's no fluid to it. For lack of a better description. I might still buy the album hoping the rest of it turns out well, but if the rest sounds like St. Anger, ugh!

So far, so good, so WHAT!... Metallica, we all know this new album is gonna suck. I wish people would stop hyping it up like its gonna be the Epic record. Hopefully Metallica stops making new music after this album.
And whats with the radio stations playing only clips of the new metallica stuff? Looks like Metallica is relying on the people's curiousity and ignorance for selling this album along with the new fanbase they are trying to aquire.

DreQuick said:
So far, so good, so WHAT!... Metallica, we all know this new album is gonna suck. I wish people would stop hyping it up like its gonna be the Epic record. Hopefully Metallica stops making new music after this album.
And whats with the radio stations playing only clips of the new metallica stuff? Looks like Metallica is relying on the people's curiousity and ignorance for selling this album along with the new fanbase they are trying to aquire.

who is hyping therealbum up dude,i was just suprised with the 2 new songs i heard,i aint a huge metallica fan but one things for sure they dont need to find a new fans,they will always have there few million hardcore fans that will but there records!

The song St Anger is truly weak and the part where Hetfield speed up his singing is very, very Megadeth like. Production is horrible. Black, Load and Reload will sound like fucking Mozart compared to this. Unless played on very cheap stero, the album is gonna be sonic torture to anyone who has ears.

lupe_m said:
I think the new song is good. It's not the best. At least it's better than anything they have put out in about 12 years.

:headbang:
-Human was good off the S&M thing, if you had the dvd (got it for x-mas, not my choice) you can turn off the orchestra and hear just the band, and then -Human kicks ass. It's heavy as all hell, sounds similiar to Sad But True

metallica is a terrile band. Sad but true. "I'm madly in anger w/ you" WHAT? and a 5 second blast beat for the 13 yr olds to brag about. SAIN TANGER SUCKS.

I finally heard St Anger on Headbanger's Ball last night. If they took out the gay slow part, and didn't have the cheesey lyrics, it'd be good.
Remember, I'm the one guy who liked Load and Re-Load, though they don't compare to the pre-BlackAlbum shit.

St. Anger wasn't nearly as horrible as I was expecting. Can't wait to download the whole album. Lar$ can suck me.

btw- Lars looked like this :D and this :loco: in the video. Did you notice that?

Metallicops can go away. Lars banned me along with 300,000 others from napster. I'm never giving them another cent.
Downloaded the video for St. Anger... I hate how they keep going from slow to jerky fast, can't keep the beat going. And the new bassist is awesome, but his small yells during the song are way out of line.

jdelpi said:
Yeah, that is why Anthrax covered a Metallica song. Because they have always sucked.

Anthraxfan said:
Metallicops can go away. Lars banned me along with 300,000 others from napster. I'm never giving them another cent.
Downloaded the video for St. Anger... I hate how they keep going from slow to jerky fast, can't keep the beat going. And the new bassist is awesome, but his small yells during the song are way out of line.
I thought it was jerky too...not fluid...you couldn't get into the song, it would change too much. Some songs work like that, but not that one.