Well, hello there.

StaticDistance

New Metal Member
Feb 14, 2005
Marietta, GA
Ah, I've been reading the forum for hours over a long, sleepless night and now I'm just kicking myself for not popping in here more than a few seconds sooner! I figured I'd go ahead and throw a post up top to introduce myself by. (Mods, I didn't see anything like this in all the pages I read so if this is against any rules or local netiquette, sorry in advance.)

I've only attended two years of PP, (All you seasoned vets may now giggle and point) but there's an unlikely chance that some of you may remember me as 'that kid with the foot tall mohawk' from PPIV, or 'that kid carrying around a fuckin' painting' from PPV.

Not much else to say, I really just wanted to say hello and let ya'll know that over the course of a few hours of reading your random postings, you've all convinced me to spring on a hotel this year (even though I'm a local boy) and put more than a few bands on top of my 'required listening' list. :worship: :D

Yes, welcome to the board and back to another Progpower festival!

[Seasoned Vets: "Stop pointing and giggling!"]

Okay, I stopped. :)

Cool, another local! If you're in Marietta, you can probably pick us up on WREKage without going outside to your car-stereo. (Link below. :))

I used to think that maybe 5% of ProgPower attendees -- tops -- were actually from within Georgia, but I'm constantly revising that percentage upward. It's still not a huge percentage, and I think that's a Good Thing. ProgPower USA reallly is a truly international gathering.

Pellaz said:
Okay, I stopped. :)

Cool, another local! If you're in Marietta, you can probably pick us up on WREKage without going outside to your car-stereo. (Link below. :))

I used to think that maybe 5% of ProgPower attendees -- tops -- were actually from within Georgia, but I'm constantly revising that percentage upward. It's still not a huge percentage, and I think that's a Good Thing. ProgPower USA reallly is a truly international gathering.

Believe it or not, there are a few of us from the metal capitol state of the US, Alabama (j/k about the metal capitol stuff of obviously) as well. Lady Space is a local, but she once was a Bama girl and I'm still working on getting her back down here >:p~. Layla's Dad is probably 25 miles from me and there are a few more from Alabama that I lost track of.

Btw. welcome to the board StaticDistance

Bryant (yep just like "Bear" Bryant, not hard to tell I am from Alabamer)

its ok that u have only been to 2 pps...in my group this year ive got a newbee and someone who has only been to pp1! they are both sick of all my stories so they are finally comming this year!

dusro2 said:
its ok that u have only been to 2 pps...in my group this year ive got a newbee and someone who has only been to pp1! they are both sick of all my stories so they are finally comming this year!

Yeah, my group has recruited a few new cult mem.. errs, uhm, people to attend that way, too. :D