Well hey bro!

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
You hassled me to record battleheart!

So here it is! done by the 2 of us in my home studio!

Full CD is avaliable for free download :lol:

Told you iäd do it eventually :D

My swedish firend åsa.

GBGMetalFestivalquest030.jpg

That's the 3 (my norwegian Bro Lars, Me, Her) of us in sweden last month.

We're also on UM!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=398

Forums been open like 20days and we have near 16, 500 posts, LOL

Hahahahaha!

allthingsmetal.net

Band: Battleheart
CD/DVD: Battleheart
Reviewer: Shovel
Date: May 2006

Review:

Ahh... metal about pirates! What could be better? Battleheart, a scottish five piece, have released a self-titled EP that, above all else, if absolutely fun to listen to.

Sounding like a mix of Manowar, Running Wild, euro-folk, and cheesy power metal, Battleheart beat the metal drum loud and proud, with powerful riffing, simple drums, and insanely cheesy synth work that at times sounds like an Atari soundbyte and at others sound reminiscent of Bal-Sagoth.

Lead singer and keyboardist Christopher Bowes uses a pretty bland voice, which actually works, since they aren't really aiming for a melodic, professional sound. His keyboards are pretty damn catchy, though, with nice cheese laden solos and pompous atmosphere work, usually through the use of an accordian sound. Gavin Harper puts together some solid lead guitar work, and throws out some nice guitar solos (usually between keyboard solos).

By far, the best song is "Nancy The Tavern Wench", which is a bit of a melancholic sing along about, you guessed it, a pirate's tavern. A glorious chorus ripe for drunken karaoke takes you back to the glory days of pirates and privateers, and an excellent solo by Harper tops the song off like the foam of a heady brew.

These guys actually have some talent, and if they put their mind to it, could really make a name for themselves. They definitely know how to put a song together, and have the ability to make good, catchy music. The only thing I can see holding them back from a record deal is the accordian-esque keyboards, though Finntroll are signed, and listen to them! Metal is ripe for another pirate invasion, and Battleheart are ready to sail in and steal the headbangers' booty. You can catch this treasure for free over at their website, so go download it and down some ale! They've even thrown in a cover of Korpiklaani's "Journey Man", which I may say, is quite excellent.