OMG! I JUST HEARD...

Silver Incubus said:
Well I'd wear one too, no joke. Gavin makes some pretty tasty licks. But obviously someone who has gone to school and been taught by grammy and other award winning producers like Jack Richardson and Kevin doyle, you learn that there are many subtle things in music that most people wouldn't know unless it was learned from some of the really good people in the industry. Plus the fact that most albums, by any kind of label, are mastered by very talented people.
you sure sound amatuerish for all the knowledge you pretend to have.

Elysian893 said:
you sure sound amatuerish for all the knowledge you pretend to have.

What are you talking about. I don't pretend anything Elysian.

I have been mixing on headphones, and as such its harder to get propper levels. The only thing that i need In my newest mix is like 3db of bass and otherwise it is finnished. If you listen to the raw track compared to what I have now(all done with mediocre plugs and in Protools LE not TDM) then maybe you might have a better understanding of what the hell I am talking about. Sure I may still be amatuer, because i have yet been paid to do it, but at least I am not full of myself.

http://www.freewebs.com/silverincubus/

the newest one

All i was doing was giving some constructive critisism in an attempt to help a fellow board member whos music I happen to like. I don't see why I am getting all this flack for my opinions on what I find wrong with the recordings.

your "newest" recording sounds like it was recorded on a tascam 4 track, its very amatuerish sounding. the drums sound like they were recorded in a bathroom, while the vocals recorded in a cave. the guitar tone is super stale, and the keys sound out of place. very amateurish. and headphones don't make it harder to get levels correct, they make it easier. though maybe you have hearing problems, i could understand that, seeing how poor this recording is.

holy shit, i didn't even get as far as the guitar solo by the time i had typed this, that solo sounds horrible, it sounds like it was recorded with a mexican squire through a roland cube with a metal zone.

Silver Incubus said:
What are you talking about. I don't pretend anything Elysian.

I have been mixing on headphones, and as such its harder to get propper levels. The only thing that i need In my newest mix is like 3db of bass and otherwise it is finnished. If you listen to the raw track compared to what I have now(all done with mediocre plugs and in Protools LE not TDM) then maybe you might have a better understanding of what the hell I am talking about. Sure I may still be amatuer, because i have yet been paid to do it, but at least I am not full of myself.

http://www.freewebs.com/silverincubus/

the newest one

All i was doing was giving some constructive critisism in an attempt to help a fellow board member whos music I happen to like. I don't see why I am getting all this flack for my opinions on what I find wrong with the recordings.

Very pro sounding! It sounds so norwegian! How did you get the darkthrone sound?

Silver Incubus said:
Just a question, do you even listen to black metal?
not often, but i am well aware of the many black metal bands of the past who had just horrible production, and am aware that some idiots think thats cool, but to speak about someone elses production when you have no production chops to speak of, is an insult to the person you are speaking of.

Elysian893 said:
holy shit, i didn't even get as far as the guitar solo by the time i had typed this, that solo sounds horrible, it sounds like it was recorded with a mexican squire through a roland cube with a metal zone.
Best thing I have read today so far :lol:

Elysian893 said:
not often, but i am well aware of the many black metal bands of the past who had just horrible production, and am aware that some idiots think thats cool, but to speak about someone elses production when you have no production chops to speak of, is an insult to the person you are speaking of.

lololololol

Hypocrite

popcorn.gif

I'm grabbing some.

Elysian893 said:

haha well, my strings were very old, using my 81 neck pickup and I think I was using an amp mod on a little amp at the time, so I can see why you'd say that. I really wish I had more time to redo that, but I don't so that's the way it will have to be.

Elysian893 said:
howso? care to compare your latest recording to mine? mine sounds good, yours sounds like ass.

http://www.elysian-online.com/Adam_Bath-April11thIdea.mp3

sounds pretty good, but no live drums, bass, or any vocals or anything else, so that really doesn't compare. The day you record live drums and make them sound good, then maybe I will take you more seriously.