OMG! I JUST HEARD...

Silver Incubus said:
I like your playing but this sound like a very amateur demo at best. I mean, you don't even have a drummer, and the bass has no characteristics. Guitar tone is super stale, keys sound good tho
Lolcore :lol:

I thought Battleheart was some super wicked band I havn't heard of but you all love, so I actualy went onto Torrentspy to look them up before reading on :erk:

Downloading it though

sounds really good dude, I actually like the vocals sometimes :lol:

nice keyboard and guitar solos :kickass:

also cool keytar in that pic of your studio

heavy metal pirates! :headbang:

-Gavin- said:
It's not a demo, it's a musical project that chris and i do for fun.

Sorry you don't like it. Hopefully you can teach me some things about mixing and i can learn from your work.

ahh ok well i figured you had shirts and you were actually making an album for money. Well one thing I would suggest is adding dimention to you music, its all up front fro the most part, and that sounds very amateurish.

But like I said, I like the playing. I live pirate metal it rocks!

Well I'd wear one too, no joke. Gavin makes some pretty tasty licks. But obviously someone who has gone to school and been taught by grammy and other award winning producers like Jack Richardson and Kevin doyle, you learn that there are many subtle things in music that most people wouldn't know unless it was learned from some of the really good people in the industry. Plus the fact that most albums, by any kind of label, are mastered by very talented people.

Silver Incubus said:
Well I'd wear one too, no joke. Gavin makes some pretty tasty licks. But obviously someone who has gone to school and been taught by grammy and other award winning producers like Jack Richardson and Kevin doyle, you learn that there are many subtle things in music that most people wouldn't know unless it was learned from some of the really good people in the industry. Plus the fact that most albums, by any kind of label, are mastered by very talented people.

Hahaha, sorry man, but that was the single most pretentious post in the history of UM.

Silver Incubus said:
Its all up front fro the most part

The music is very upfront. We mixed it in accordance with the music.

Silver Incubus said:
and that sounds very amateurish.

It was recorded and mixed in a room in scotland by and for a band who don't take themselves seriously...

I don't mind if you don't like it, but stop trying to become the pretentious, know it all :loco: Until Möltar sounds like it wasn't recorded by fenriz in grim norwegian Skog, stop trying to impress peopple with your education and name dropping.

hey gavin, what kind of keyboard do u use? i need a not-too-expensive one with a pitch wheel. my current one doesnt have a pitch wheel and the keys r too high so it makes soloing harder.

Blake said:
hey gavin, what kind of keyboard do u use? i need a not-too-expensive one with a pitch wheel. my current one doesnt have a pitch wheel and the keys r too high so it makes soloing harder.

For "the glorious Battle", chris played it in live with my M-Audio midi keyboard and i sampled it up using my Choir library and my orchestral one.

For everything else, he used his Korg N364. He usually uses a Korg Karma but he left it at university down in England so he just used the korg he has here.