Well, it seems there is some bad news for the next US Opeth tour....

On second thought, going from PT to this is just fucking sickening. Damn it!! Kata was gonna be on the tour??!?!!? I had to put up with Lacuna Coil and Yakuza last time now this shit?!! I guess they just want to make it sweeter by tasting the sore before hand.

You know, I find that the biggest tragedy of this bill is the fact that Moonspell is going on first. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Now here is a Portuguese band who has been busting their collective ass for more than a decade, and they have to open up to Dez and Co. Now, I am not going to be one of the many, many people to shred Devildriver(I have heard it, better than Coal Chamber------but that is like saying my shit smells less than yours; it is still shit). But I will say that it is insulting that such a hardened band of metal veterans has to open to those bunch of fucking.........wait, I didn't say I would shred Devildriver.

Are Opeth and Devildriver with the same U.S. record company? Maybe that's the reason, but regardless very strange opening act.
I rather see Tapping the Vein again instead of DevilDriver.
But Moonspell will be cool to check out, they aiight.

I haven't heard much Moonspell but what I have heard, I love. I'm going to look forward to seeing them. I saw Kataklysm earlier this year and they owned ass on a show with Into Eternity. Its a shame they got booted off the tour.

Well i can tell you one thing...no one is gonna be there to see this DevilDriver or whatever..i havent heard of them until now...doesnt sound good from what you guys are saying and mallmetal has no place in such a line up just like that Kataklysm guy said...Moonspell from what i heard sounds great...But ill be there (hopefully) to see Opeth and ill sit through a shitty band for that...[/fangirl]
:)

i dont get how a band like devildriver was ever even an option. how do the ppl that organized this go "opeth and moonspell on tour in the us...lets get the guy from coal chamber to play too!"

The Scourge said:
You know, I find that the biggest tragedy of this bill is the fact that Moonspell is going on first. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! Now here is a Portuguese band who has been busting their collective ass for more than a decade, and they have to open up to Dez and Co. Now, I am not going to be one of the many, many people to shred Devildriver(I have heard it, better than Coal Chamber------but that is like saying my shit smells less than yours; it is still shit). But I will say that it is insulting that such a hardened band of metal veterans has to open to those bunch of fucking.........wait, I didn't say I would shred Devildriver.
Hell yeah! That's a fucking disgrace!

dumbwhiteguy said:
This is like Dream Theater playing shows with Linkin Park.

Yea man, no one deserves to have to sit through DT just to 'enjoy' Linkin Park! :p

Isn't it more like Dream Theatre having to open for a DECENT band?

Beast In Flames said:
Btw, I just found out that this band has only released one fucking album! How the fuck are they gonna have enough material to play as the second opening band?
Exactly. Maybe they'll play some Coal Chamber cover songs as filler to make up for the longer set time than Moonspell had. :puke

Not only do they have just one album but they've only existed for a matter of months.

Obviously if you have money you can buy your way onto anyone's tour. I'm with the dood from Kataklysm though - seems like they're trying to get credit in the underground scene. The only way that can happen is through the music, obviously the underground has showed a complete lack of tolerance for bands pushing themselves on the image and names more than the music.

This is ridiculous. I hated Coal Chamber, and that was from listening to less than maybe 5 songs of theirs. What makes me think as a listener that DevilDriver is any better? Give me a break! I've seen Kataklysm, and they DESERVE the 3rd slot, hands down. I have not seen Moonspell as of yet, so it should be interesting. But of course, the thing I am looking forward to is the supposed alteration of the set list, with different selections of material to play than what they have been using on the last couple of tours. Opening with "The Moor", and closing with something like "When", or "To Bid You Farewell", like they did over the summer, would rule. Not to mention the mighty "Black Rose Immortal". I saw them in both settings this year, so we shall see.

Moonspell is a great live act. DevilDriver should be sweating their asses off for having to follow them for 2 months. They will NOT be received well.

First Nevermore drop off the tour, and I LOVE Nevermore, and then Kataklysm are kicked off (quality Death Metal from what I've heard)...and then...well...I downloaded two songs after my friend told me Devil Driver was excellent and really Black and Death Metal influenced. I had a listen and though..."wait a sec...this is nu - metal". I can certainly listen to it, I just would never buy such an album

...its all rather sad isn't it.

Although, this does mean Opeth will be even more God like to us all. If they open with "The Moor"...hehe, I'm already getting shivvers down my spine!

As for Moonspell, I'm seeing them on the 27th of this month (with Lacuna Coil), which should be interesting.