Well, just pulled the trigger on this ...

One Bernie Rico Jr Custom 7 string and in 3 weeks from now, I shall have in my hands some BRJ goodness.:hbang:
Thought I would share it with you blokes.

Not exactly my kind of thing, with the 27 frets and the neck pickup on an angle, and not to mention the colour reminds me of the Essendon football Club!
But seriously, I couldn't pass an opportunity up like this. It will tie me over till my $6500AUD Diva 7 gets built!

So for those who havent been to the website .........
Welcome to The Private Reserve - Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars! - The Private Reserve - Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars

DSC_9501.jpg

DSC_9494.jpg

DSC_9506.jpg

As some of you may know, this is one of the ones offered by Bernie and the "Phantom" at the price slashing sale.
With the aussie dollar doing well against the U.S dollar, this will be arriving (with EMG 707s and an OFR) within the next 3 weeks. All this, delivered for under 3kAUD!

I am one happy boy at the moment!
Cant wait to get my hands on it, and then some photo shoots to cap it off.

Will keep yas posted when she arrives.

PS, I must say that Bernie and the "Phantom" have been awesome throughout the last couple of months in dealing with the Diva and the Vixen. Service like this needs mentioning. It has been an absolute pleasure to deal with these 2 blokes.

If you are thinking custom, then ..................... :bowdown:

One Bernie Rico Jr Custom 7 string and in 3 weeks from now, I shall have in my hands some BRJ goodness.:hbang:
Thought I would share it with you blokes.

Not exactly my kind of thing, with the 27 frets and the neck pickup on an angle, and not to mention the colour reminds me of the Essendon football Club!
But seriously, I couldn't pass an opportunity up like this. It will tie me over till my $6500AUD Diva 7 gets built!

So for those who havent been to the website .........
Welcome to The Private Reserve - Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars! - The Private Reserve - Bernie Rico Jr. Guitars

DSC_9501.jpg

DSC_9494.jpg

DSC_9506.jpg

As some of you may know, this is one of the ones offered by Bernie and the "Phantom" at the price slashing sale.
With the aussie dollar doing well against the U.S dollar, this will be arriving (with EMG 707s and an OFR) within the next 3 weeks. All this, delivered for under 3kAUD!

I am one happy boy at the moment!
Cant wait to get my hands on it, and then some photo shoots to cap it off.

Will keep yas posted when she arrives.

PS, I must say that Bernie and the "Phantom" have been awesome throughout the last couple of months in dealing with the Diva and the Vixen. Service like this needs mentioning. It has been an absolute pleasure to deal with these 2 blokes.

If you are thinking custom, then ..................... :bowdown:

Bernie Rico Jr. is a scumbag. The Vixen was designed by a man who goes by "Lurch" on forums (his real name slips my mind at the moment). He had originally drawn it up on a napkin as a design for Pat O'Brien of Cannibal Corpse, and posted the design on forums to see what kind of interest it would bring. Rico just happened to be a lurker on those forums (he lurks on many forums) and stole the design and made it his flagship model.

Not only that, but a few years ago, I posted a design (on forums which Rico is suspected to visit) which was rather conveniently similar to the Diva. In fact, my design was almost EXACTLY the same as the Diva, but it flowed much better and was generally a more coherent design. The two designs are so similar that I can't hold that up to be mere coincidence.

Congrats on the new guitar man. I don't mean to start a bitchfest, I just had to get that off my chest.

Bernie Rico Jr. is a scumbag. The Vixen was designed by a man who goes by "Lurch" on forums (his real name slips my mind at the moment). He had originally drawn it up on a napkin as a design for Pat O'Brien of Cannibal Corpse, and posted the design on forums to see what kind of interest it would bring. Rico just happened to be a lurker on those forums (he lurks on many forums) and stole the design and made it his flagship model.

Not only that, but a few years ago, I posted a design (on forums which Rico is suspected to visit) which was rather conveniently similar to the Diva. In fact, my design was almost EXACTLY the same as the Diva, but it flowed much better and was generally a more coherent design. The two designs are so similar that I can't hold that up to be mere coincidence.

Congrats on the new guitar man. I don't mean to start a bitchfest, I just had to get that off my chest.

Wow! Who is this Lurch? Where is his drawings? Where are your drawings?
"Almost exactly", "but it flowed much better" Hahahahahahaha! Contradiction heaven here!

So let me get this straight! You had nearly an exact replica of the Diva drawn up (before Bernie did), that looks almost like Lurch's V for Pat O'Brien, just offset!
YOU SCUMBAG!

Easy, now, don't get all worked up and send *this* guy your home address because you don't know when to stop playing tough guy... congratulations on the guitar and everything, but unless you're trying to live up to your location description you could settle down a bit.

Jeff

Sweet!

Maybe mine will be done soon... Got in on the Black Friday deal last year for a Hesperian 6 string and the "3 month wait time" has quickly turned into 8+ months with no updates whatsoever about when my guitar will even be started....

Easy, now, don't get all worked up and send *this* guy your home address because you don't know when to stop playing tough guy... congratulations on the guitar and everything, but unless you're trying to live up to your location description you could settle down a bit.

Jeff

PMed you last time!

Sweet!

Maybe mine will be done soon... Got in on the Black Friday deal last year for a Hesperian 6 string and the "3 month wait time" has quickly turned into 8+ months with no updates whatsoever about when my guitar will even be started....

Feel for ya dude. Spoke to Bernie about the black friday run, I have a Custom Custom Diva ($6500US) in the works at the moment, and I said to him that I understand if its gonna be 18 months + with the 7 string.
So I killed 2 birds with one stone and took the plunge on this one, knowing their was fuck all to do to it and that it would come quickly and tie me over until the Diva would be complete. Never had one, but cant wait till she arrives.
That deal was an awesome gesture from Bernie, just shot himself in the foot with the numbers and the changes that could be made on the specs.
There will be a lot of threads when the 1st ones arrive at their destinations.
What specs are yours?

Wow! Who is this Lurch? Where is his drawings? Where are your drawings?
"Almost exactly", "but it flowed much better" Hahahahahahaha! Contradiction heaven here!

So let me get this straight! You had nearly an exact replica of the Diva drawn up (before Bernie did), that looks almost like Lurch's V for Pat O'Brien, just offset!
YOU SCUMBAG!
The forum they were posted on has gone through multiple cleanups and the posts likely aren't there anymore.

Lurch's V was exactly like the Vixen. My design (at least the whole premise of it) is oddly similar to the Diva. Don't confuse the two. I'm not saying he definitely ripped off MY design, but he did definitely ripoff Lurch's.

Feel for ya dude. Spoke to Bernie about the black friday run, I have a Custom Custom Diva ($6500US) in the works at the moment, and I said to him that I understand if its gonna be 18 months + with the 7 string.
So I killed 2 birds with one stone and took the plunge on this one, knowing their was fuck all to do to it and that it would come quickly and tie me over until the Diva would be complete. Never had one, but cant wait till she arrives.
That deal was an awesome gesture from Bernie, just shot himself in the foot with the numbers and the changes that could be made on the specs.
There will be a lot of threads when the 1st ones arrive at their destinations.
What specs are yours?

Yeah, I mean I wasn't expecting it to be done in the 3 months, but the only time I've even been contacted by Bernie since then is when he sent me an email to confirm my specs a few days after I placed my order. Any other time I needed to get in contact with him, I had to send multiple emails before I even got a short reply back. He wouldn't even send me the guitar without pickups and discount the cost of them, and though he said I could send him the pickups I wanted put in it (since I already have them), he never answered whether he'd discount me for that either. The whole thing is just kind of rubbing me the wrong way, but I've heard he has great customer service... I've just yet to see it :p

Mine is pretty much stock. I already have my Jackson with a floyd, and I don't really have much of a purpose for a 7, so I just kept it simple:

• Mahogany Body
  • Natural Flamed Top (I really wanted a lighter red/dark pink, but he wanted $300 extra for the finish :guh:)
  • Ebony board, no inlays (I wanted a custom inlay, but he quoted me nearly $500 for a one-word inlay at the 12th fret, so I passed on that too)
  • Hipshot bridge
  • DiMarzio D-Activator X (b), D-Activator (n) - Will be a pair of BKP Painkillers once I get it
  • 2 volume knobs
  • 1 mini toggle for coil splits
  • 3-way switch
  • Grover locking tuners
  • Schaller strap locks
  • Gold hardware

Yeah, I mean I wasn't expecting it to be done in the 3 months, but the only time I've even been contacted by Bernie since then is when he sent me an email to confirm my specs a few days after I placed my order. Any other time I needed to get in contact with him, I had to send multiple emails before I even got a short reply back. He wouldn't even send me the guitar without pickups and discount the cost of them, and though he said I could send him the pickups I wanted put in it (since I already have them), he never answered whether he'd discount me for that either. The whole thing is just kind of rubbing me the wrong way, but I've heard he has great customer service... I've just yet to see it :p

Mine is pretty much stock. I already have my Jackson with a floyd, and I don't really have much of a purpose for a 7, so I just kept it simple:

• Mahogany Body
  • Natural Flamed Top (I really wanted a lighter red/dark pink, but he wanted $300 extra for the finish :guh:)
  • Ebony board, no inlays (I wanted a custom inlay, but he quoted me nearly $500 for a one-word inlay at the 12th fret, so I passed on that too)
  • Hipshot bridge
  • DiMarzio D-Activator X (b), D-Activator (n) - Will be a pair of BKP Painkillers once I get it
  • 2 volume knobs
  • 1 mini toggle for coil splits
  • 3-way switch
  • Grover locking tuners
  • Schaller strap locks
  • Gold hardware

Nice specs. You reckon it will be in your hands before Xmas?
I havent spoken to Bernie much, but the "Phantom" has done all the ground work for me. He has rang 20 odd times here to Australia, and when I ring them, they answer the phone straight away. Must be a pain in the arse, not to really hear or know of anything, especially if it has begun production or not yet!
Im banking Bernie isnt the poorest cat around, so maybe a casual employee could take some photos and talk some Turkey with those who have axes on order, just like a pro tools template even, you know, insert name here, take x amount of photos, run the same speal etc etc, maybe every 2 weeks, just to keep the hype up and the internet talk going. Reminds me a bit of the new GRAN TURISMO title, and after 4 odd years, it finally showed, but it was like eh!
Hope ya get her soon. Remember to post some photos.:tickled: