Well

What's it going to be then, eh?

How's tha peepz in everyone's favorite electronic bar/board-room/hitching-post this side of Erewhon? Any of you droogs lost your virginity yet? Any reported stalkings of John Cobbett? Anyone been sued by the NAACP or the Judean Peoples' Front? How goes it?

Been busy here... just got back from seeing Daylight Dies (walking an hour in that cold-ass almost-sleet shit was worth it). Decent-sized venue, but a small crowd for an 11 o'clock show on a Sunday night. Regardless, the band slayed and I realized that "No Reply" > everything Katatonia's done since "Brave Murder Day". Didn't some wanker here say that they were just "slowed down melodeath"? FUCK!

Anyway, been listening to a ton of stuff lately... went on a Christmas-money spending spree the other day, got a lot of good stuff on the way that should have me set for months.

Here's how my playlist has gone in recent weeks:

Enslaved ("Isa" and "Monumension"... as expected "Isa" is a top 3 album of 2004 that I failed to hear until this month. I'm such a fuckup.)
The Lord Weird Slough Feg (finally listened to some samples at Aquarius and fell in love... I have three CDs on the way!)
Brocas Helm (mostly ditto... got their latest on the way!)
Sigh (I figured it was about time to buy 'em all...)
Dredg (sweeeeeet...)
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (why isn't the One Inch Penis all over this???)
Belle & Sebastian (the old stuff... and no, I didn't leave the forum to turn gay or anything...)
Dillinger Escape Plan (Wow!)
Nile (nothing more to say that hasn't been already!)
Merzbow (noise!!!!1)
Death In June, Current 93, Sol Invictus (one of my friends is really into this stuff... and it's really starting to turn me on...)

Anyway, yeah... been busy reading 19th century British novels, taking Spanish tests, getting abs of steel, drinking Guinness and getting hit on by drunk girls, pulling for the Heels, getting caught for vandalization, cutting the shit out of my hand with a broken beer bottle, passing out, puking, stealing road cones, etc. Oh yeah, I'm studying abroad next semester at the University of East Anglia (in Norwich, England, you fools!). I'm going for their creative writing department, which is supposedly one of the best programs in the UK. However, I'm mostly counting down the days until spring break.

I'm also *working* on reviewing a bunch of stuff that the Vendlus Records guy graciously sent me. Is this a record company that lives in Bizarro Universe or what??? Good, good stuff...

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I'm not dead and/or started listening to The Fiery Furnaces and Death Cab For Cutie all the time or something...

It's good to hear that you're not dead. We were starting to speculate that you quit school to be a Peter Gabriel groupie. (Too bad you didn't do anything cool like assassinate Bush or something...)

21701774_s4_yng_frank.jpg

Black Winter Day said:
Regardless, the band slayed and I realized that "No Reply" > everything Katatonia's done since "Brave Murder Day". Didn't some wanker here say that they were just "slowed down melodeath"? FUCK!

haha, that would be me. And it's not hard to be better than post BMD Katatonia. That's not saying much. :yuk:

later

Demilich said:
FUCK OFF AND DIE!

hey, it's not my fault Katatonia has sucked a huge fat one since BMD. don't get pissed at me. be pissed at the band members for creating such coma-inducing sub-doom rock BS.

Viva Emptiness > the others, including Brave Murder Day

Brave = WIIIIIIIIIIIIN
Murder = WIIIIN
Day = win
last = meh
three = mehhhh
tracks = MEH!

Black Winter Day said:
Death In June, Current 93, Sol Invictus (one of my friends is really into this stuff... and it's really starting to turn me on...)

Folk Noir strikes again! Excellent choices by the way; best on the list. Which albums do you have or have been listening to? I swear to god these bands make like 50 pressings of each album and then they expect you to pay $50 on e-bay to get it after the initial sellout. They probably get some disgusting sadistic pleasure off of seeing their fans squirm. Fucking retarded.

there is a local store that has a lot of different Sol Invictus albums, probably like 8-10 of them. Of course, every single one of them is $19.99+tax.