Went to an awesome show last night

Mr. Halloween

Aug 1, 2023
It's been slim pickns around here lately for a show worth going to down in Seattle. I missed the ROTTING CHRIST show a few weeks ago because I needed to have a couple of medical procedures performed that day. Last night, a friend and I went to see a show at EL Corazon in Seattle, the line up was BLOODBATH, PRIMORDIAL, ARCHGOAT, WEREGOAT, and SEVERE TORTURE.

The show was fucking awesome, all the bands were cool, but PRIMORDIAL was my favorite. I've been waiting for over 20 years for the chance to see them live, and they were amazing. Alan Averill, their vocalist, really knows how to work a crowd, he had everyone's hands in the air on several occasions, and told us the back story to a couple of their songs. It was fucking cool.

BLOODBATH and ARCHGOAT were excellent as well, the place was packed, which was good to see. It's cool knowing there are other fans of this music besides myself and my friend David. He drove over 400 miles from Idaho to western Washington to go with me to the show. It's the 4th or 5th time he's done that in the past 3 years. He works a full-time job on top of having his own record label, Doomed To Obscurity records. He collects old death metal masters/recordings, and remasters and rereleases them.
He's got quite a following in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Check them out.

I wanted to see Primordial and Bloodbath but they only played like 4 shows and they were all way too far away. I hope they'll do some more club shows in the states later on. Glad you got to see it!

I wanted to see Primordial and Bloodbath but they only played like 4 shows and they were all way too far away. I hope they'll do some more club shows in the states later on. Glad you got to see it!
Yeah, we got really lucky here in Seattle for a change, seeing the show was fucking awesome. My only complaint would be the length of their set, it felt kind of short.

Reactions: SonOfNun