Went to my first concert yesterday...

I_Am_The_Fury

Feb 1, 2008
Switzerland/Colorado
And ofcourse it was Firewind! I was right up front by Gus, it was the best night i've ever had so far!! Almost got Gus's pick when he threw it, but the dude next to me got it first. All the songs they played sounded so much better to me than on the cd. :kickass::headbang:

Divine Heresy was also gonna play, and after them Dark Tranquility, but i lived far away from the place and i had my last testing days at school the next day so i had to go. I still got my money's worth though, only 12 bucks..

yeah! they were just amazing! they tore the house down, truly amazing night! I loved the fact that it was in an almost small bar type place and you could just get right up there to the band. :headbang:

you missed Dark Tranquillity? you have no idea what you missed :lol: they're probably the best live band I've ever seen, the energy Mikael vrings to the stage is unbelievable...I think he sniffs a line before going on stage :lol:

ugh my first concert was ratt and poison :( but from now on ill just say my first was Megadeth. Did you get to meet firewind before you left? Dark Tranquillity is another i really want to see live..

btw what is the best live band you guys have been to? Opeth for me

Tell those boys I say hello and that I'll see them in 2 weeks at Graspop!!!

Tell Apollo I'm bringing a surprise (WHISKY!)

Wayhey! I miss them >.<

I HATE being stuck here. I WANNA BE ON THE ROAAAAAD!

xx Kirsty

haha i will, and why are you bringing apollo a surprise?

and best gig ever... has to be dragonforce, either leeds jan 2006 or leeds dec 2006...

well kirsty the boys say hi! but i forgot to tell them about your present. to be honest i only actually got to talk to bob, the phones had up to a 6 hour delay on text messaging so was impossible to arrange to meet up with mark :( but spent all afternoon with Bob which was nice. haha Bob is not a kiss fan :p but he was very happy with motorhead and he got really excited when he saw some of the century media flyers with hugh firewind adverts on them hehe awwww

well kirsty the boys say hi! but i forgot to tell them about your present. to be honest i only actually got to talk to bob, the phones had up to a 6 hour delay on text messaging so was impossible to arrange to meet up with mark :( but spent all afternoon with Bob which was nice. haha Bob is not a kiss fan :p but he was very happy with motorhead and he got really excited when he saw some of the century media flyers with hugh firewind adverts on them hehe awwww
Haha! Yay! :) Not a KISS fan!??!? Haha. Oh well! We're not ALL perfect :p I'm kidding of course!

Not a huge KISS fan myself. But hey! It'll be an experience to see them live!

xx Kirsty

hahaha no, he really wasn't impressed with their performance, although to be fair it was rather dull, especially the ten minute drum solo followed by a twenty minute VERY BORING guitar solo. i mean come on, compared to power metal solo's, kiss solo's are dull

still, was good to see a few classics, although i left halfway through as my feet just hurt

i'm not even kidding, there was a ten minute drum solo followed by a hugely long guitar solo which i got so bored through i walked away. When will these people realise that Mark Cross is the only one that can do good drum solo's and guitar solos should be left entirely to firewind and dragonforce!!!! :p