We've Come For You All will be Anthrax's swan song

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
I'm afraid to say it, but I think it is the truth. It has been 4 years since Volume 8 - The Threat is Real and it will be 5 years by the time we get the new one. Do you really think they will make another record 5 years from now when they are in thier mid 40's??? With We've Come For You All being released on Beyond Records, I don't expect sales to be much better than the 100,000 mark, if the band is lucky. Throw in a tour with a few hundred bodies at each show and the end is near. This band just isn't profitable any more. If they hadn't gotten so much money to live off of from Elektra they probably wouldn't be able to operate as a band anymore. I just hope this record kicks ass, because I don't expect another one after this.

i think the band has at least 3 records before they even think about calling it quits,

Scott once said they although they weren't poor they would still have to make a living,its not like they are in there 50's and ready to retire,they would have to start out fresh doing something else musically which would be very hard to do in this day and age!!!

ps you cant kill something that doesn't die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most bands don't even make it past the 5 year mark anthrax has been in the business for 20 years and are not going to let a record slide once again,time to get it right...

something to ponder,charlie would fit in nicely as the drummer for slayer if worse comes to worse hahahahahahaha

john could kick ass once again with armoured saint

frank bello would be the perfect replacement for newstead in metallica

and one thing that would be really cool,scott as a touring guitarist for pantera.

i hope no one takes this too serious

Sometimes I think so, when I am depressed but now I tend to agree with mrthrax. Look how many heavy bands still kick ass, with sales poorer and poorer, let´s say Judas Priest or Motörhead, and they are way older. Time of metal shall come, I hope the new record´s gonna break something but I have a strange feeling which I once suggested: it´s gonna kick the most ass but no one´s gonna buy it due to lack of fuckin´ promotion...

Originally posted by Buddy_Love_Bomb
Sorry to say i feal the same way... I feal this will be There last release... and I heard from a friend of a friends sisters mother the new release Date is Set in Stone for June 26, 2004..

I hope That date is total bullshit, but at this point, that sounds about right. I was hoping to be listening to it by now last winter, and now who knows if it will ever come out.

I am going to hang on to the pipe dream that the whole anthrax scrare helps bring the band's profile up a little. Of course the longer they have to fight with red tape the less they are going to get out of it all. Let's get that album to the stores already!

Someone rally the fucking troops here. The album gets delayed 6 months and the end of the world is upon us. Anthrax has never dictated their existence based on financial success, it's about their art and expression. Anthrax has been many things but they've never been about money. They didn't put out ballads when those were selling, they didn't go grunge, they didn't go Adidas rock, they never got tattoos, wait - strike that. But seriously, they stayed true to whatever they wanted to do. As long as they want to put out albums they can, and as long as they want to tour they can. Everything will be fine.

Looks like Brentney has set us straight!!! Just look at my post concerning this a bit back.....time to get back on the road to rock, pop open a Blatz or three, and let the good times roll.

Hell it's only 9:30 in the morning, where I am at, and I think I'm gonna crack open my 1st one of the day (I can, I'm on vacation!)

Yes, this wating is miserable, but I am willing to bet we will forgive them once the new music is out.

So:

1.) Put in your favorite Thrax disc
2.) Crack open a cold one (or burn one up, if that is your preference!)
3.) Contemplate your inevitable end----it's coming sooner than you think, and
4.) Chill!

Cold Blatz to all!!!

Negative Nancys!

I doubt very seriously this will be Anthrax's last album. Especially if they get a little promotion for this album. I wish they weren't dependant upon the damn labels for support. Why can't Bill Gates or Ross Perot be a huge Anthrax fan, they could step in and support the album and tour. Then with enough promotion and mucho dollars, all the 12-16 year old girls could become huge fans and record sales could go through the roof. Then Anthrax would have enough money that they could become immortal.

If a little delay like this scares the shit out of you, I wouldn't want to know how you felt during the "Anthrax the bacteria" scare... Anthrax are not quitters as far as I know and as long as they can write good songs they'll keep recording.

A new Anthrax record will be out soon enough and will crush all the wannabees and 'Trax riff stealers and there are many of those - and no, it won't be a swan song but just another addition to the band's classic releases! :)

Until then, let's all get positive and start spreading the word about the new Anthrax release to our friends, parents, neighbors and whomever has enough money to buy their new cd.. cause it's gonna be a killer!

I didn't say that this latest setback was gonna finish them off, nor did I say that the album wouldn't be good....I just have a feeling this will be the last album - or just maybe they will do another one and tell us that it is the farewell record the way the Ramones did. Basically, Anthrax will have been around 20 years as a national/worldwide recording act by the time they finish touring for the new one, and I don't see them going beyond that. Read anyone of several Bush interviews in recent years, he hints at the "next phase" of his career, which is basically spotting new talent for labels/management. Frankie has almost left the band at least once now. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Originally posted by Brentney Spears
Someone rally the fucking troops here. The album gets delayed 6 months and the end of the world is upon us. Anthrax has never dictated their existence based on financial success, it's about their art and expression. Anthrax has been many things but they've never been about money. They didn't put out ballads when those were selling, they didn't go grunge, they didn't go Adidas rock, they never got tattoos, wait - strike that. But seriously, they stayed true to whatever they wanted to do. As long as they want to put out albums they can, and as long as they want to tour they can. Everything will be fine.

Amen Brentney,

I just don't want to have to wait, but oh well. At least a new one is on the way!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Originally posted by TD
I didn't say that this latest setback was gonna finish them off, nor did I say that the album wouldn't be good....I just have a feeling this will be the last album - or just maybe they will do another one and tell us that it is the farewell record the way the Ramones did. Basically, Anthrax will have been around 20 years as a national/worldwide recording act by the time they finish touring for the new one, and I don't see them going beyond that. Read anyone of several Bush interviews in recent years, he hints at the "next phase" of his career, which is basically spotting new talent for labels/management. Frankie has almost left the band at least once now. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Frankie has almost left the band? Hell, when??

And to this point: The album is FUCKIN´ finished. So, if the assholes at the record company wait just a little longer, the only thing will happen - some freak will leak it on the internet and they can all go fuck themselves right in the ear. Is it what they want?

Believe me... this band is NOT done yet. They still have lots of energy and creativity... watching Charlie churn out riffs is like watching Rosie O'Donnell eat... HEAVY and LOUD. Believe me, this band can still bring the house down.

Hey, I can certainly understand everyones frustration but I believe that Anthrax is still good for another album or two after "We've come for all of you". The guys love playing and I don't think their going to stop too soon. I think they may even have 10 years left in them still! My God, look at Lenny! The guy is like a enigma, and Anthrax has just as big a heart! Mosh on, Mosh on!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Back when Scott, Charlie, Dan and Bill did S.O.D. they probably were not expecting much attention from it. Speak English or Die turned out to be a classic. It lead the Crossover scene. Why? Because they were raging metalheads with nothing to lose and nothing to prove. Now Anthrax seems like they have to live up to expectations. They have like an image to maintain. (or Leno might not want them back)lol. I hope the new Anthrax hits us hard, if not, then maybe it will be the last. Scott is one of my favorite guitarists, but I wish he would just go nuts and get totally brutal on his axe. Thick crushing monster chords and furious chugging palm mutes.