What’s your favorite Maiden song to play?

RoboCaster

Victory is at hand.
Jan 7, 2005
www.fenderforum.com
What’s your favorite Maiden song to play?

Too many really, but I have the luxery to beat the crap out of a set of songs as much as I want cause don’t have time constraints.

Okay for me it’s at this time, is definitely “Nomad”. I can’t help it, I really dig it.

Using a cry baby wah semi lifted up from the high and leaving it there gives it that tone.

Over the years there’s always been a favorite song to play, and “Nomad” is a real good one, cuase its so hard-core; yet soloing focuses on feelings rather then just millions of notes per second even though the fingering is out of the box.

Well when I play Bass it's Killers And I'm tring to learn Phantom of the opera.
As for guitar Aces high, or run to the hills
Now I don't have these down pat but I'm working on it. My fretting speed needs some work and I just need to practice more.
Kerry

Kerry said:
Well when I play Bass it's Killers And I'm tring to learn Phantom of the opera.
As for guitar Aces high, or run to the hills
Now I don't have these down pat but I'm working on it. My fretting speed needs some work and I just need to practice more.
Kerry

Good songs, yea no doubt about it, Run to the Hills, yea it's been a few months since I've played it, I do that, I would need to warm up on it myself, but I do belive that he is acutally pulling his fingers off of the patterns and useing the whammy bar to energize the string rather than picking it, it should help you match up. Or that could have been The Trooper, I just can't remember right at this moment.

On guitar, it has to be the good old Trooper for me. Phantom Of The Opera and The Wicker Man are also great fun to play.

On bass is has to be Killers - LOVE playing that song!!
headbob.gif

On drums, I suck so badly but it's great fun trying to copy Two Minutes To Midnight.
loco.gif

I love playing Flash of the Blade for the hormanies but Aces High will always be my first love as it is the first Maiden song I learned to solo in. I got Murray's solo and my cusin took Adrian's. I still love to pop in Powerslave and go a round with the boys :headbang:

Maiden are the greatest there was, is, or ever will be. That said, I can't even get halfway through any Maiden song on guitar, I really suck. Maybe on a good day I can spew out a Poison riff, if I practice for an hour, lol! :loco:

I don't play complete "songs" anymore, and I hardly play along with songs either. I used to do entire albums in a single sitting, playing along with them and such. I think the last time I did that was Warning by Queensryche a couple of years ago. My old bands used to do at least one or 2 Maiden songs as well... usually 2 minutes 2 midnight and Aces High, but it was fun to spring 22 Acacia Ave on people.

Damn, I need a band again!

BichMaker said:
I don't play complete "songs" anymore, and I hardly play along with songs either.
Damn, I need a band again!

I love to play along, because they are the most competent players I've ever played with...hee hee yea but sometimes it's hard to play all 3 guitars when considering that they take turns on the different pieces, and then you got to make a happy linkage to make it all work, but I’ve never know anyone smart enough to play any part let alone play along with. When I started all my friends sucked and we knew nothing, and I just stuck to myself, because I don’t like to play with people who suck more than me... hee hee yea but who cares, now these chicks think I some kind of stud playing that thing, but cause I play if over my head and shit, or up under the neck like a violin and other shit, it’s funner playing it when you just figuring out body moves and you know? Fuck worrying about the tools and learning and shit; funner things about playing it is how mount it and swing around in order to play the pieces with the best energy for the part.

I need a band too, but got to get a good rig and then take charge a play shit with some dudes that can keep up or better, who cares, just can't waste my time with some on who sucks too much... and just goes with the flow.

Well, I think I need to get Chris (NoEffin) to start up the world's first all male Iron Maidens tribute band! Then I could be Mondo-Murray!! :headbang: Or would that be Maxi-Murray? Or is it Mega-Murray? :loco: Alien Smith? :Smug: Adrian Bich? :ill: Jannick Nerds? :yuk: Idig Girlz? :err: Man! This stage name thing is hard! o_O