BNW Revisited: What's your favorite song now?

What's your best BNW song?

• Total voters

Prismatic Sphere

We Carouse
Jul 18, 2002
In A Bowl Of Chili
www.lp.org
Given that DoD was somewhat of a letdown after their great reunion record, DoD has given me a deeper appreciation for BNW. What's your favorite track from it? Does it still stand up today as your favorite this whole time? Or do you have a different favorite?

For me, it's always been "The Nomad". This song has it all! A great riff, sublime melodies, a great instrumental section, and superb solos from all 3 of the axemen. Following evermore closely is "Dream Of Mirrors", and not far behind that is "the Thin Line Between Love And Hate".:cool:

I'd go with Blood Brothers at the moment - funny thing is, I've brought BNW out after a while and been listening to it cos I just can't listen to DoD............it makes me cringe (at the moment).

BTW I have a Sting album - the master of tantric 7 hour sex - except that includes dinner and a movie!! :p :D

The Title Track.
All the songs have been enhanced to me after that disaster called Dance Of Death. Still i think with the production of DoD Brave New World would be much bigger!
Imagine the guitar harmonies of Brave New World the song if heard in three different levels or the fast and really heavy parts of Dream of Mirrors and Ghost of the Navigator.
Also Bruce is really BIG on Brave New World and really singing in it, not the grasping or being completely dumped in the guitars.

All songs of Brave New World have something that make them a unison and real. Not the babble of the same accoustic and orchestral developments of Blood Brothers type of songs that Dance of Death has.

My view of the album changed. Its way bigger than NPFTD which i thought a while ago that it was in the same level.

Definitely Dream of Mirrors.
Since I first heard it. It's the song that made me want to pay attention to BNW and start listening to Maiden again after a break for most of the 90's. Have always loved the changes in tempo on the song, which makes up for any shortcomings. As some people seem to point out, DOM may be a little bit too long and have redundant chorus, but so what. Doesn't bother me. I don't care. I find the time changes and lyrics are interesting. Nomad is similar in that it is also too long and has a redundant chorus, but IMO the difference is that Nomad is not interesting and just seems to drone on. Again, IMO.

Nowadays, Wicker Man is a close second. WM has really grown on me, especially after seeing/hearing the Rock in Rio DVD and all the energy the band had playing it.

The Wickerman. The only song I can play without wanting to break my CD player in frustration at Steve's lame-ass uninspired bullshit songwriting.

SoundMaster said:
That was utterly brilliant.
Sorry dude, but I've hated it since the first time I heard it. Until I heard Dance Of Death, I always thought of Nomad as the worst Maiden track Bruce had ever been involved with.
I struggle to see how anyone can honestly like it in its present form.

Sydo said:
Sorry dude, but I've hated it since the first time I heard it. Until I heard Dance Of Death, I always thought of Nomad as the worst Maiden track Bruce had ever been involved with.
I struggle to see how anyone can honestly like it in its present form.
'Tis the beauty of opinion, isn't it?

I've been a Maiden fan since '84 & I clearly see NOMAD as being among the 3 best songs they've ever penned.

In fact, I'm awestruck & flabbergasted when I hear Maiden fans actually saying that they not only don't love the song, but even dislike it! Makes absolute zero sense to me....

Everything about that song is everything that makes Maiden great.

Fav Maiden tunes:
1) Infinite Dreams
2) Revelations
3) Nomad
4) Hallowed