What a difference...

For me it got a little claustraphobic. I was wearing the headphones in the NYC subway where it is VERY loud, with the trains whizzing by and people all around you, construction going on....and then, these headphones cut out all the noise that your brain is expecting to register because you can VISUALIZE all the activity, but it's all just silent....

It's kinda like when you're underwater. Works wonders when you're listening to ISIS.

Ohh yea, thats one of the things I love most about the shure E3's. I can listen to any type of music in any enviorment without outside sound distraction. Theres no way I could focus on listening to something like Tenhi while strolling around town with normal headphones.

Am I the only person who hates listening to music while walking around? I used to do it in college every so often, but even then it was generally annoying. Life is noisy enough, doesn't need a soundtrack.

I'm probably just weird though.

haha interesting. lately ive even had trouble listening to music while driving. how wierd is that?

I find the noises of other people horrible. If i'm going out in the woods, I never take music. if i'm sitting on transit,t he last thing I wanna hear is Jimmy hong talking to all 8 of his girlfriends plus his 14 friends using his blackberry and 3 different cellphone... then put 40 of them on the bus with me.

Conspicuously Absent said:
I just need music or conversation.

Yea I can talk to with people sometimes when Im in the mood, I do alot of solo traveling myself though so my stereo has become my best friend on the road.

I probably listen to music 75% of the time while driving now, but even then I don't listen very loud anymore. Maybe I'm just getting old, haha.

I guess if I was on a bus/subway several times a week I'd get tired of listening to idiots, but I'm sort of a peoplewatcher so maybe not. Stupid people are entertaining, from a safe distance (3 feet or more).

NADatar said:
I probably listen to music 75% of the time while driving now, but even then I don't listen very loud anymore. Maybe I'm just getting old, haha.

I guess if I was on a bus/subway several times a week I'd get tired of listening to idiots, but I'm sort of a peoplewatcher so maybe not. Stupid people are entertaining, from a safe distance (3 feet or more).

yeah, i'm on the bus 4-5 hours a day. 5+ days a week. And theres nothing fun on the bus, it's a bunch of asians jabbering away, some girls talking to their girlfriends and a lot of silent exhausted expressionless business people... usually listening to some sort of music.

yeah, i'm on the bus 4-5 hours a day. 5+ days a week.
And I thought Americans were the ones doing stupid commutes. :loco:

Seriously though, if you went postal and took out a few fools, I'd totally forgive you for it.

i know. and i do a stupid commute because I'm poor. I live with my aunt which is a bazillion miles away from my school, so i'm stuck on transit all the time. But its cheap. $200 a month I can afford. $650 not including internet and phone and food = I can't afford.

edit: and oh yes.. the time I'd save on the commute I would lose due to having to shop and make food and make lunch and worry about shit, and every once in a while I get help getting places via automobile (like when my comp's powersupply went kaboom)

i know. and i do a stupid commute because I'm poor. I live with my aunt which is a bazillion miles away from my school, so i'm stuck on transit all the time. But its cheap. $200 a month I can afford. $650 not including internet and phone and food = I can't afford.

edit: and oh yes.. the time I'd save on the commute I would lose due to having to shop and make food and make lunch and worry about shit, and every once in a while I get help getting places via automobile (like when my comp's powersupply went kaboom)
Much better that than sustaining some lifestyle just to impress your "friends" like a lot of idiots I see.

I've said this a zillion times before, but these people man, what the fuck. $550,000 house, $40,000 truck with $10,000 worth of wheels, and going in debt over food. I make good cash and I can sustain myself in an apartment with enough leftover for beer and music shit, but even I'm in debt a little. I can't imagine the credit reports of these fucks.

yeah, thats retarded. Luckily, i'm almost done school, in 2 1/2 months, taking the summer off then hopefully getting a job. I have no need for a big house, fancy car or 'spinners'. I want a small place (less to clean), cheap fuel efficient car, decent-commute and money to enjoy myself (music, beer, my sports)

no, never really was. Too hot for my tastes, and I love the outdoors, so air conditioning means fuck all to me :p Theres a lot of options, but I'll probably end up working somewhere in BC here. Hopefully NOT vancouver.