What a disgrace....

stuh84

Apr 16, 2002
...the UK is

There were about 40-50 people at the Bradford gig last night. No advertising on the outside of the venue, only in the doors.

It's just painful. I book two days off work so as I can get there and get back, I had to get the train because I can't drive, and some people wont even get in the car to go down the road a few miles to watch.

To be honest, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Evergrey never come back to the UK, they'll NEVER do a tour again thats for sure. And we deserve it.

I wanna say thanks to all those that turned out for the band (including the guy who I've seen at every single Evergrey gig I've been to, and has definitely been to more than that). Such a shame, Guns N Roses cancel a date because "only" 3500 fans turn up, we can't even get into triple figures. I'll be surprised if more than 300 different people will have seen them on all the UK dates on this tour.

Oh well, at least they played an absolutely blinding set, including The Great Deceiver :)notworthy), and Awake (formerly Humanity) really surprised me, I've seen them twice before and always enjoyed them, but I REALLY got into them this time, I think the guitarist leaving has changed them a little, and they are definitely far improved. Shame about Avatar (did no-one think to tell them the crowd hadn't turned up? You would have thought they were playing to millions), would have been alright without a vocalist that's like a cross between Dani Filth, Glenn Benton and Justin Hawkins.

10/10 for the gig, 2/10 for the turn out.

fucking shit....
My band had our first gig last weekend and more people showed up then!!:OMG:

that´s fuckin week, they don´t deserve such treatment!!
BTW: I never heard henrik left the band...I think that´s Mike you´re thinking of.

What is that song Awake?? I´ve never heard of it!!

Agree about Avatar.
Saw them maybe two years ago in my hometown, and just got the album (it was cheap...).
Their singer sucks (sounds like a dog to me...) but the songs can do really well.

to be expected of some promoters or shall we say lack there of. Primal Fear played in L.A. for the first time a few years back and sadly because of lack of promotion and a curfew at the venue about 50 of us left.

Evergrey adores their fans and if the fans want a show I'm sure they'll be back.:headbang:

2 months ago I saw Wasp at JB's Dudley and the place was packed to the rafters. Evergrey played to more than 50 people on Tuesday, but not by much.

They did play a blinding show though, great as Wasp were, they were a disappointment compared to Evergrey. Chatting with the crowd, taking requests (Nosferatu, yay!), doing a signing session at the end, all showed how much they care for their fans.

I was the one at the front in the "Suspected Terrorist" t-shirt. I took a metric s**tload of photos and many of them are just awesome.

Go here to disagree at your peril. :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88065410@N00/

Kudos to the support acts as well, they gave their all. Shame Awake had to cut their show short with vocal problems.

Keep rocking! :headbang:

Starchildren:

Awake were the support band, as well as Avatar. They should have been swapped around, 8 songs for Awake and 4 for Avatar (well okay none from Avatar if I'm honest :p)

I'm gutted to hear all this on the messageboard. I went to the London gig, and was surprised at the low turn-out there. I just wish (as I had tried to plan), I could have got more time off work to follow the band around the UK. Sometimes I really hate the apathy amongst metalheads in the UK - they go in their millions to see overrated crap like COB or a ruined Arch Enemy (bring back Liiva) but no-one goes to see a band who are, in my opinion, the best band in the world. Unbelievable!

well its not a surprise at the moment in the UK, there are loads of gigs going on...for example opeth were touring and the unholy alliance tour all happened the same week of the evergrey tour. Lordi/turisas was the week before. so its not surprise there is low turn outs. Doro was on the same week aswell. there was too many bands that appeal to the same type of people so all the turn out at gigs suffers because people have to pick and chose which to go to.

well its not a surprise at the moment in the UK, there are loads of gigs going on...for example opeth were touring and the unholy alliance tour all happened the same week of the evergrey tour. Lordi/turisas was the week before. so its not surprise there is low turn outs. Doro was on the same week aswell. there was too many bands that appeal to the same type of people so all the turn out at gigs suffers because people have to pick and chose which to go to.

ooo i didn't know that
that explains a lot of things...but anyway..i

...the UK is

There were about 40-50 people at the Bradford gig last night. No advertising on the outside of the venue, only in the doors.

It's just painful. I book two days off work so as I can get there and get back, I had to get the train because I can't drive, and some people wont even get in the car to go down the road a few miles to watch.

To be honest, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Evergrey never come back to the UK, they'll NEVER do a tour again thats for sure. And we deserve it.

I wanna say thanks to all those that turned out for the band (including the guy who I've seen at every single Evergrey gig I've been to, and has definitely been to more than that). Such a shame, Guns N Roses cancel a date because "only" 3500 fans turn up, we can't even get into triple figures. I'll be surprised if more than 300 different people will have seen them on all the UK dates on this tour.

Oh well, at least they played an absolutely blinding set, including The Great Deceiver :)notworthy), and Awake (formerly Humanity) really surprised me, I've seen them twice before and always enjoyed them, but I REALLY got into them this time, I think the guitarist leaving has changed them a little, and they are definitely far improved. Shame about Avatar (did no-one think to tell them the crowd hadn't turned up? You would have thought they were playing to millions), would have been alright without a vocalist that's like a cross between Dani Filth, Glenn Benton and Justin Hawkins.

10/10 for the gig, 2/10 for the turn out.

Wow, you are really into Evergrey:lol: guitarist leaving...

If you actually took the time to READ my post, you would see I was on about the band Awake, who's guitarist left them and they changed their name from Humanity to Awake.

You arse.

If you actually took the time to READ my post, you would see I was on about the band Awake, who's guitarist left them and they changed their name from Humanity to Awake.

You arse.

You can understand a joke can you? someone woke up on the wrong side of his mother...

And there goes the sound of more back pedalling than a retard on a bicycle......

It was on the main site :p

This is why I check my fave band sites every week at minimum. That way I never miss out on anything like this

London gig Nov 2006, best gig in my life.

The band from my top favourite DVD came to life, yeaaaaaaaaaah.

BUt where the fuck was the crowd? That´s what I asked the boys after the gig. How do you promote yourself, i asked.

We dont do anything, we only play. Tom replied.

And I dont blame them, they´re the MEN. The ONES, the Artists. All we want from them is great songs and show, which they deliver.

SO we want the office monkeys in Evergrey´s promotion/record company to deliver too. There´s 10 000 000 people in and around London. Was it all they could get?

PROMOTE THE BAND. IF THE WORLD HEARS, THE WORLD WILL LIKE.

I just want the band to be happy so that they continue visiting every corner of the world and continue recording. COs if they stop, I´ll be well pissed off.

LONG LIVE EVERGREY