What a month for METAL!!!

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Holy hell there's a ton of great bands who have just released new records or are about to in the next few weeks. Amazing time to be a metal head!!!!

- Anthrax
- Chimaira
- Opeth
- Machine Head
- Devin Townsend
- Mastodon
- Megadeth

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

No doubt I'm missing some too!

I will be getting, each and every one of those. Except the Chimaira one, I never really got into them, which is funny as they are from my hometown, then again I don't care for Mushroomhead either.

The Opeth album, not their best stuff, but a great album. As I wrote about in my review over at my blog, it is not a metal record though. A lot of people will be disappointed with the lack of death metal growls, its really a 70's style prog rock album with some jazz influences.

Also on tuesday is the Arch/Matheos project. Those of you who know your Fates Warning are probably excited for this. It's the first full LP of material from the incredible John Arch since 1986's Awaken The Guardian (Fates).

I will be getting, each and every one of those. Except the Chimaira one, I never really got into them, which is funny as they are from my hometown, then again I don't care for Mushroomhead either.

Yep, not a fan either, at least, not anymore. Chimaira hasn't written a memorable album since their self-titled.

So yeah, I also managed to snap up the Arch/Matheos CD a day early too. Holy shit. John Arch's voice has not aged since Awaken the Guardian came out (1986)! If you like the technical playing of prog metal, but like it heavier than DT, get this.

300584_10150369862220469_9587275468_10367202_2052464489_n.jpg

and dont forget the brand new PRIMUS.