what a night.

jeffadies

Oct 13, 2007
Colorado
So i have waited a long time to see Soilwork in concert. last week my friend bought me tickets to the show for my birthday. The show was about two hours from where we live and half way there i got the worst case of rocket shits. I have never felt worse in my life. We had to hit about 4 gas stations just so i didn't shit myself. Finally we made it to the club and this whole time i was wondering if Soilwork would be worth trip i just made. Well needless to say they were awesome also Swallow the Sun and Darkane were great too. The night was killer and i made it all the way home without greasing myself in the car....haha i know its a gross story but i had to share.

:headbang:

Fuck yeah dude, I saw them on the same tour in Poughkeepsie a few weeks ago, they fucking held it down! (and words can't express how happy I was they played "Light the Torch," FUUUCCKKKKK I love that song and that album, even though apparently many don't!)

What the hell, why? It has such an awesome riff, and when he roars with the "HOW CAN YOU JUST PROCEED / YOU LITTLE CALLOUS FUCK" and "I FEEL SO POWERLESS / CAN'T FACE MY HOLLOWNESS," it gets me so pumped - and Rejection Roll, and Strangler, and Cranking the Sirens, and Downfall 24, I just don't understand how people can dislike FNF (unless they dislike everything after "A Predator's Portrait") Personally, FNF is my third favorite, after "Predator's" and "Chainheart"

Fucking love soilwork! My favorite band. Was everyone there singing along to all the songs? Last time I saw them you could hardly hear them over the crowd singing along, it was pretty awesome.

They definitely were at the show I was at, and I was one of 'em! :headbang: (though I never make an effort to learn lyrics, especially with Soilwork, since they're so fucking bad and nonsensical :lol: )

Hahaha, yes yes, I was waiting for you to chime in on this Adam :p They played the song "Chainheart Machine," but I think that was it (not like I complained, I love Chainheart but I also love the later stuff! And I think they may have played something off Steelbath, but I've never listened to that album)

The oldest stuff they played when i saw´em was Needlefest, and i was happy because is one of my favorite songs from them, everything else was from NBC and FNF, was around 2004, no chainheart and no Steelbath, it was in Mcallen, Texas, where kids are extremely trendie so they only do a movement when they played new stuff, with old stuff they where just standing there, In Flames was in the bill and the same with them, Both bands played Killer.

Hmm, they were both using Powerball half stacks when I saw 'em, and I could barely hear any of the rhythm parts (though I was right at the front and center of the pit, so maybe it would've been better further back)

They definitely were at the show I was at, and I was one of 'em! :headbang: (though I never make an effort to learn lyrics, especially with Soilwork, since they're so fucking bad and nonsensical :lol: )
i couldnt agree with you more on this....

Hmm, they were both using Powerball half stacks when I saw 'em, and I could barely hear any of the rhythm parts (though I was right at the front and center of the pit, so maybe it would've been better further back)

yeah same amps at this show. I was in the balcony about 60 feet from the stage so the sound was awesome. There were moments when it was just to loud and things got mushy. I popped in my ear plugs and could hear things much better. minus some of the highs i guess.

Yeah one of the dudes from Cephalic Carnage usually does sound at this club but i think Soilwork had there own guy. Sounded good but as in most smaller venues it was too fucking loud..lol

:cry::cry::cry:

I was stuck at the studio reamping as I'm a little behind on a project. The tone I was getting from my 6505 was pretty awesome though :lol:

If Daylight Dies we're on theses shows however, there would be no force in the universe that could have stopped me from being there.