What about an all repeat year?

I could see this working ONLY if Glenn booked all types of bands (meaning openers, middle tiers and headliners). I can see already a bunch of people already saying shit like "OMG BLIND GUARDIAN, SYMPHONY X, KAMELOT, NIGHTWISH, SABATON, VANDEN PLAS, PAGANS MIND, CIRCUS MAXIMUS and ICED EARTH!!! OMG! That way, not even in your dreams. I guess if people have enough common sense to realize "Ok, maybe we can make this work but respecting the band's status AND the budget," it'd be a fantastic idea.

Ultimately, I suspect this idea is something that is less and less appealing to Glenn. From his comments, it seems he's looking to bring new blood into the fan base, and not simply appease his hardcore base. And unfortunately, as much as we could all build a dream line up of repeaters, I suspect it will never happen (unless it's the final year).

There are a couple - maybe more than a couple - low slotters who I think would be welcomed back for sure. Pyramaze with a(ny) solid vocalist comes to mind, as does Manticora.

Jasonic

Outsider?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jasonic and Diabolik are kinda like the Statler and Waldorf of PPUSA. Commenting frequently, but not actually in attendance.
statler_waldorf.jpg

Hmm, Statler and Waldorf actually WATCH the Muppet Show capers from their balcony, so this comparison is flawed from the get-go. :lol:

When a label puts out a greatest hits album for one of their bands, many times a studio release with new material follows within the same year. They just stagger them apart by about six months. This leads me into saying that a spring show with the favorites could be performed, with the real PP scheduled as usual. I know, I know... people typically get one vacation a year and may have to choose one for the other, thus splitting the possible ticket sales between the two. But - details. A marketing survey would address issues like this and a further investigation would spawn other ideas and opportunities. Say, maybe do it on the west coast or up north to say thankyou to those who have traveled every year, giving them a break for once.

How about a return / reunion night.

Ark
Spiral Architect
Angel Dust
Tad Morose

I like how you're thinking Shreddy. I personally think if this were to happen it would be like the Kickoff night, which I believe is what initially was intended for the Showcase.

Like Jason and others have said though, this is a truly BAD idea. The idea is to get new fans, and on top of that I think a lot of people are not as interested to see a lineup full of bands they've already seen. Sure, some are but it would sell really poorly in my opinion. I think this is why last year didn't sell out was due to so many returning bands on Saturday. I think the only way is if the economy was really good AND as Glenn answered one of those questions months back if it was the final Progpower. But yeah, I really don't like this idea.