What about that Mew?

Crack Hitler

homeless
Jul 26, 2002
Finland
www.voihyvaluoja.tk
I went grave digging but didn't find the thread I'm pretty sure existed like few weeks ago :err:

so.. what about that band Mew? I just borrowed my mates copy of the debut (?) few days ago, and I gotta say it was way better I expected it to be. Flew straight into my top-7 or so of the year. I'm quite pleasently suprised the singers voice didn't irritate the hell out of me :)

great stuff. most of the songs anyway.

Are you calling "Frengers" their debut?

It isn't really. They released 2 albums, "A Triumph For Man" and "Half The World Is Watching Me", then got signed by an international label to what was announced as the "Biggest record deal ever signed by a Danish band", since beaten by Junior Senior ( :erk: :yell: ). They rerecorded 6 songs from the first 2 albums and added 4 new ones, this makes up "Frengers".

I like them very much, very good live as well. They've been touring England extensively for about a year I think, according to the Danish press they've established a large, loyal fanbase, of which some even travel arround with them. But hey, we're a small country, we cling on to every single tiny thing that can make us feel important in the big wide world. I can only reccomend the music though. Has this mesmerising effect on me, happy happy. And last ime I saw them live they dedicated "Snow Brigade" to all the people who wanted to end Anders Fogh Rasmussen's rule, shouting "Fuck You Anders" just before the start. Very good stuff.

Portuguese commercials with Mew as background music, sounds great :p .

@Allan

No dude, I wasn't calling it debut, merely guessing. I knew shit about the band before I started to listen to it. All I knew that I'd heard bands name quite a few times. Actually so many times it got me quite sceptical towards it, you know, it can't be good... but unlike our achernar here, I had only heard like one or two songs briefly, so I wasn't fed up with the music itself.

now I'm kicking myself not listening to Mew before they did a gig here.. :(

I was just asking if that was the album you heard. As for touring, they'll probably be back. Seems they've been on tour for years, wonder if they ever get arround to recording again.

kickass.jpg