The "Rant about a band" thread

Well if it might be a hint, most people replying in this thread are not 'ranting' about a band, they just mention a name with a few lines of info, a rant is supposed to be a little more convincing I guess... I'll make a try... I've told this story many times yet, curious if anyone will take the time to read it all :loco:

Let me first talk about how I discovered the band I'm going to rant about, it was like one and a half year ago, and I went to a small festival somewhere in the north of France. On the program there was also The Old Dead Tree, a band that -I noticed- some of you certainly know, but well, it was somewhere around 6 pm and I was walking around in the festival area, a bit lost because of lack of a really impressive show... you know that feeling? Being in need of music, something new, something really good? But I was heading to my car actually, to get some food or stuff, don't remember, when I speeded by the mainstage. I suddenly had a very strange feeling then, it was dead-silent, the sun was setting and there was a lot of smoke at the stage. So a next concert started, and from the first few notes it really catched my attention. I stopped at the place where I was and stayed there for the rest of the concert, without any doubt mouth wide open, eyes filled with unbelief, and enjoying every second. When the concert was, sadly enough, over, there was only one thing I could think about: "who or what was that?", and "I NEED all their albums right now". That was my first SUP experience.

It turned out to be not easy at all to get my paws on those albums, even now my collection is still incomplete, but the albums I have are just perfect. It's impossible to put a label onto the sort of metal SUP produces, there are few influences, one I thought about was Voivod however SUP sounds completely different, and a very rich, unique and characteristic style. Each album is totally different, and still you can easily recognize SUP out of thousands, and to make a link with Anathema (whose messageboard I'm actually spamming), on the last album of SUP, 'Angelus', your Danny Cavanagh was asked to do some 'storytelling' in between the songs. After 'Angelus' SUP became Supuration, the name they used with only their very first album from 1994 and some EP's, and they released 'Incubation', which I consider as a true masterpiece among their other, yet very strong, work. With 'Incubation' I got totally blown away with it, this album alternating ripped my heart in pieces and calmed me down, taking you along on a kind of trip... I'm happy for that, I consider it as finally being a kind of cure, something like a cool cloth to a sunburnt skin...

In an attempt to share this expercience with other people I'm trying to develop a website, it's not finished yet, but here you go: http://www.supuration.tk - if you understand french you can visit the official site: http://www.supuration.com

Now, this was ranting :Spin:

incubationCOVER.jpg

:cry: