What album pumps you up the most?

>>>>This just goes to show that you've never really listened to any Judas Priest before.

No, not really. Just don't like that dated sound.

I was watching "Heavy" a bit on VH1 last night, and some guy there had some interesting opinions on things. He said Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc...fell out of public eye for a while....but then when numetal came out, all in a sudden these old timer bands got popular again for the simple fact that people (metalheads) needed to seperate themselves again from what was deemed cool and hip.

Anyway...just made me say HMmmmm. I'm not saying those bands are trash...I'm just saying I don't like them, and should not be "required" to like them if I want to be a part of metal communities. :p

Scott

Scott

SheisMySin said:
>>>>This just goes to show that you've never really listened to any Judas Priest before.

I was watching "Heavy" a bit on VH1 last night, and some guy there had some interesting opinions on things. He said Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc...fell out of public eye for a while....but then when numetal came out, all in a sudden these old timer bands got popular again for the simple fact that people (metalheads) needed to seperate themselves again from what was deemed cool and hip.

Anyway...just made me say HMmmmm. I'm not saying those bands are trash...I'm just saying I don't like them, and should not be "required" to like them if I want to be a part of metal communities. :p

Scott

Scott
I wouldn't read too much into what VH1 has to say about anything when it comes to music. They really left alot of holes. And NU-Metal is not metal. Just my opinion. NOT SAYING it's bad but I just don't care for the sound. Too mainstream and hip hoppity.

SheisMySin said:

Scott

Scott

I completely forgot, unless you watch VH1 you don't know shit about metal.

Shut
The
Fuck
Up

SheisMySin said:

Scott

Scott

Sabbath, Maiden and Priest are the holy trinity of metal. Perhaps you just need to listen to them more and let them grow on you... or perhaps you just suck.

I swear to god metalheads are the most idiotic music listeners on the face of the planet.

-And yet you want to be one of us... strange.

Here's my impression of half the people on this board...

"You suck! You and your music tastes suck because you don't like what I like!! Only my opinion matters!! Only music I like is good music, and everything I don't like sucks!!! Shut the fuck up because you like a band that other people like!!! God I hate people who like music that is remotely popular!!! I only like super obscure bands no one has ever heard of because it makes me special!!! Oh yeah, I am also required to worship Maiden, Priest, Cryptopsy, Marduk, Emporer and Sabbath because if I don't everyone will pick on me."

-Well I don't think you are required to like Marduk or Crytopsy (though they do have some good stuff) and while Emperor has made some great stuff I wouldn't worship them... but Priest, Maiden and Sabbath are absolutely great. So what groups do you like then? Slipknot? Or Godsmack perhaps?

Fine - whichever Kataklysm CD YOU like is the best one....happy? Like I give a fuck what you think is better. :) I like some maiden, but Sabbath is boring, and Priest's vocals annoy the shit out of me. Bolt Thrower's vox make me laugh and Nile and Cryptopsy sound the same after 4 minutes. They have little creativity. Most black metal is just a monotonous wall of distorted blastbeats with the same hokey vocals. I don't like bands you like...and I'm GLAD I don't like what you fucking like or else I'd be a clone. Give me a break...

-I agree the vocals in Nile and Crytopsy aren't very good, but the music is. Sabbath is NOT boring... Sabbath is 100 times better than 99% of what goes for metal out there... and Rob Halford is one of the best metal vocalists ever. You have so much to learn. Put down the Disturbed CD and pick up Sad Wings of Destiny.

:worship:
B000024TFY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

SheisMySin said:
Any degrees of better or worse are miniscule, as all the songs sound similar anyway. The newer one slows things up a bit more I think...but for the most part, it's like saying which cannibal corpse CD is the best...who cares - they are all the same.

Scott

Wrong. It's quite true that the Corpsegrinder albums in particular sound very similar and certainly CC don't make large changes in their sound/style, but compare an album like Tomb with the Bleeding and they sound quite distinct from one another, or Butchered with Kill.

Thoth-Amon said:
I swear to god metalheads are the most idiotic music listeners on the face of the planet.

-And yet you want to be one of us... strange.

Here's my impression of half the people on this board...

"You suck! You and your music tastes suck because you don't like what I like!! Only my opinion matters!! Only music I like is good music, and everything I don't like sucks!!! Shut the fuck up because you like a band that other people like!!! God I hate people who like music that is remotely popular!!! I only like super obscure bands no one has ever heard of because it makes me special!!! Oh yeah, I am also required to worship Maiden, Priest, Cryptopsy, Marduk, Emporer and Sabbath because if I don't everyone will pick on me."

-Well I don't think you are required to like Marduk or Crytopsy (though they do have some good stuff) and while Emperor has made some great stuff I wouldn't worship them... but Priest, Maiden and Sabbath are absolutely great. So what groups do you like then? Slipknot? Or Godsmack perhaps?

Fine - whichever Kataklysm CD YOU like is the best one....happy? Like I give a fuck what you think is better. :) I like some maiden, but Sabbath is boring, and Priest's vocals annoy the shit out of me. Bolt Thrower's vox make me laugh and Nile and Cryptopsy sound the same after 4 minutes. They have little creativity. Most black metal is just a monotonous wall of distorted blastbeats with the same hokey vocals. I don't like bands you like...and I'm GLAD I don't like what you fucking like or else I'd be a clone. Give me a break...

-I agree the vocals in Nile and Crytopsy aren't very good, but the music is. Sabbath is NOT boring... Sabbath is 100 times better than 99% of what goes for metal out there... and Rob Halford is one of the best metal vocalists ever. You have so much to learn. Put down the Disturbed CD and pick up Sad Wings of Destiny.

No, it's more like this:

Guy #1: I like Xasthur.
Guy #2: Fuck you you stupid cunt. Xasthur isn't tr00 and kvlt enough, listen to Qopiuasdhf, the new USBM from Castle Danger, Minnesota. I'd give you a link to DL some of thier mp3's, but I don't like you.
Guy #1: You're mean. Hrmph.:cry: :cry: :cry:
METAL PADDAY: DON'T LISTEN TO #2 BRUV PADDY LUVS XASTHUR.:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
No, it's more like this:

Guy #1: I like Xasthur.
Guy #2: Fuck you you stupid cunt. Xasthur isn't tr00 and kvlt enough, listen to Qopiuasdhf, the new USBM from Castle Danger, Minnesota. I'd give you a link to DL some of thier mp3's, but I don't like you.
Guy #1: You're mean. Hrmph.:cry: :cry: :cry:
METAL PADDAY: DON'T LISTEN TO #2 BRUV PADDY LUVS XASTHUR.:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

OK... I agree that attitude has to go.