What album would you like to see in a Song Survivor?

What album would you like to see in a Song Survivor?

• Total voters

Vegard Pompey

ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU
Feb 26, 2008
Duwang
I seem to recall you could do polls with more than 10 choices in the past, but apparently you can't anymore? I tried to pick a fairly diverse selection of candidates, representing all the major subgenres and stylistic differences therein, taking into account 1) suggestions given to me by others but also 2) my personal perception of which albums appear to be popular/consistent enough to work as subjects for song survivors.

I'm not committing to keep hosting these indefinitely btw, but I'll do at least one or two more since there is interest.

i voted everything except fates warning (obvious final two), darkthrone (id expect the bookends to win here, UAFM and ABITNS would be harder to predict imo) and atheist. can't say i put a lot of thought into it though

i'm happy to take over hosting if you ever get sick of it.

I can start them as well if you like?

I enjoyed doing the Deathcult one. Shame about you whores not voting.

I agree with old wainds about TH. the bookends would probably be one and two and "En as i dype skogen" is obviously the better of the two.

Under a Funeral Moon is too in-crowd :p

I included Transilvanian Hunger because it got a lot of votes in a previous poll like this. I don't know if it's a good choice because I don't listen to Darkthrone (I know, I know).

Shame on you. Darkthrone is one of the best bands ever and A Blaze in the Northern Sky is one of the best albums ever.

Last edited:
First two I think.

Also Arctic Thunder which I actually like way more than any classic Darkthrone.

I included Transilvanian Hunger because it got a lot of votes in a previous poll like this. I don't know if it's a good choice because I don't listen to Darkthrone (I know, I know).

It's not. The title track is one of the most famous black metal songs ever is basically a lock to win. Also, I basically feel like tracks 3-8 are equally excellent. There's not a lot separating them. Track 2 is a little weaker because it seemingly starts out of the blue.

ABITNS and UAFM are much more interesting.

It's not. The title track is one of the most famous black metal songs ever is basically a lock to win. Also, I basically feel like tracks 3-8 are equally excellent. There's not a lot separating them. Track 2 is a little weaker because it seemingly starts out of the blue.

ABITNS and UAFM are much more interesting.
If Skald Av Satans Sol didn't at least make second place I'd have lost all faith in this place. :v

so youve heard soulside journey and not UAFM, or vice versa? you should try whichever you havent heard imho. i guess youd probably not like either but hey ynever know.

While The Somberlain is obviously the better album, I feel that the 2 openers would run away with it, with the title track ultimately winning.

En As i Dype Skogen is the best track on TH.

I think SOTLB is a much better fit in this game as most songs are pretty even and there are very diverse opinion on which ones are the best.

Albums I would like to see: Trancendence, The Warning, Mental Vortex, Hammerheart, A Velvet Creation.