What albums do you have?

My CD collection is pretty small but that's mainly due to me not having a great deal of money right now.
Yeah, i'm kinda there too. i mean there are so many fuckin albums i want to get but money is a problem right now.

If you guys want a tip from a guy that buys a fuckton of music but never really has that much money, I could provide.

If you truly just want the music, dont worry about first presses of older stuff. Buying newer versions will cut your collection's cost greatly. (and I like to hear old demos that sometimes get stuck on as bonus tracks to re-releases anyway)

Buy stuff you can get for $10 and under first. There exists so many metal classics (and even new stuff) you can get for 10 bucks or less, it's silly. I've only ever spent $20 or more on two cds, Deathcult for Eternity and Conjuration of the Spectral Empire

Dont be afraid of used cds from amazon or ebay. You can get great deals there and basically if they arent in the condition they're supposed to be in, just bitch. Amazon and ebay users know when they are in the wrong and will cough up refunds quick or the sites will make them. I DO NOT LIKE DISCOGS because they offer no real buyer protection other than paypal itself. I've had trouble with nearly every goddamn transaction I've went through there.

Dont be afraid of sellers on UM or metal archives. Sometimes times get tough for fellow metal heads and they dump pieces of their collections for dirt cheap. That being said, ALWAYS PAY WITH PAYPAL AND IF YOU DONT HAVE YOUR STUFF AND THE PERIOD FOR FILING A CLAIM IS ABOUT TO END FILE IT IMMEDIATELY. Dont let a seller string you on until that period ends. Their word means nothing, paypal's word is the difference between your money and being ripped off.

Take advantage of clearances and buy x get one free deals. Just make sure you're buying things you actually want here or you'll end up with piles of junk cds.

If you guys want a tip from a guy that buys a fuckton of music but never really has that much money, I could provide.

If you truly just want the music, dont worry about first presses of older stuff. Buying newer versions will cut your collection's cost greatly. (and I like to hear old demos that sometimes get stuck on as bonus tracks to re-releases anyway)

Buy stuff you can get for $10 and under first. There exists so many metal classics (and even new stuff) you can get for 10 bucks or less, it's silly. I've only ever spent $20 or more on two cds, Deathcult for Eternity and Conjuration of the Spectral Empire

Dont be afraid of used cds from amazon or ebay. You can get great deals there and basically if they arent in the condition they're supposed to be in, just bitch. Amazon and ebay users know when they are in the wrong and will cough up refunds quick or the sites will make them. I DO NOT LIKE DISCOGS because they offer no real buyer protection other than paypal itself. I've had trouble with nearly every goddamn transaction I've went through there.

Dont be afraid of sellers on UM or metal archives. Sometimes times get tough for fellow metal heads and they dump pieces of their collections for dirt cheap. That being said, ALWAYS PAY WITH PAYPAL AND IF YOU DONT HAVE YOUR STUFF AND THE PERIOD FOR FILING A CLAIM IS ABOUT TO END FILE IT IMMEDIATELY. Dont let a seller string you on until that period ends. Their word means nothing, paypal's word is the difference between your money and being ripped off.

Take advantage of clearances and buy x get one free deals. Just make sure you're buying things you actually want here or you'll end up with piles of junk cds.

Thanks a bunch :). I'm really anal-retentive about getting the most special edition possible of any album i get.

I've done a pile of transactions on Discogs and have yet to have any problems.

I agree with the used section on Amazon. It's wonderful. A lot of the stuff I order on there comes in shrink even though it's listed as Very Good condition. Even had one guy email me a couple weeks later because he found the slip case to one I had bought and mailed it off at no charge.

That being said, ALWAYS PAY WITH PAYPAL AND IF YOU DONT HAVE YOUR STUFF AND THE PERIOD FOR FILING A CLAIM IS ABOUT TO END FILE IT IMMEDIATELY. Dont let a seller string you on until that period ends. Their word means nothing, paypal's word is the difference between your money and being ripped off.

Being a seller on eBay and Discogs, this annoys me. Mostly because it just happened not two days ago. A guy in Germany filed a claim saying his stuff never arrived. I provided the US Customs Declaration numbers PROVING that the items were sent. I even keep the little stub in case I need to scan it. Paypal "holds" $50 of MY money. Three days go buy without a word from him, then all of a sudden the dispute was dropped. Turns out HIS country's customs department was holding them. In the end I got MY money back, but what if he'd been crooked and a thief?

International buyers need to wait 60 DAYS minimum. What the fuck am I supposed to do from Texas when German customs is holding his CDs?

You just always have to be able to provide proof if you're a seller, basically.

It's the price of doing business through paypal and online basically. They're always going to favor the buyer. You could always just not sell outside the states and just use delivery confirmation. That slip of paper that costs a dollar (or much less if you print your label through paypal) can save you a lot of grief.

I have trouble trusting european nations, I've had much better experiences with Canada and Austrailian mail systems.
I bought a cd from mexico once, and it took nearly 70 days even with tracking attached!

Seriously though, if the transaction is within the states, you can send via media mail for an extremely cheap rate and still get delivery confirmation and even insurance for up to $50 for ~ $1.50

I do have proof that I sent the parcel. I've got the USPS website saying it was mailed and the slip of paper proving it was mailed. Once it's out of my hands, it should no longer be my responsibility. Seriously, how am I responsible if the buyer's country decides to hold the parcel at customs?

Also, I offer registered shipping. If the buyer does not choose to pay for it (it is expensive), then I wash my hands of it.

In the states, delivery confirmation is a no brainer. It's $.75

I honestly don't see how even the most paranoid buyer that never sells can't see how unreasonably one-sided PayPal's policy is in favor of the buyer. Frankly, you should only resort to filing a dispute if you have serious and legitimate suspicions that you couldn't previously resolve with the seller. And I say this as a buyer.

Thank you. The deck is stacked against the seller from the get-go. Once proof is provided that the parcel was indeed posted, any dispute should be dropped. No seller in the world can possibly be responsible for an item that passes through countless hands in numerous states or countries.

It's even stacked against the seller on eBay. No longer can a seller leave negative feedback if a buyer does not pay. Instead, you have to resort to tattling to eBay, which does absolutely nothing.